Windows 10: Is there a way to take control over Defender decision making process?

Discus and support Is there a way to take control over Defender decision making process? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been loving Security Essentials and later the Defender, but lately, since 20H2 I think it pissed me off a few times by detecting and deleting a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sale_B, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Sale_B Win User

Is there a way to take control over Defender decision making process?

I have been loving Security Essentials and later the Defender, but lately, since 20H2 I think it pissed me off a few times by detecting and deleting a file flagged as potentially unwanted software. If it is an application, it is not a very big deal because a user sees that the application is missing and can search for it in Protection history, but when a file from the Documents folder gets removed, the user does not know it until he needs the file.A few versions back, I think that it was 1902 during the update it had lost the list of excluded folders and deleted everything before asking anythi

:)

Sale_B, Jan 22, 2022
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 22, 2022
  3. John Sarc Win User
    windows defender

Hi,

Let me give you the easiest way to turn on the Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Control Panel.
    • From Control Panel, type Windows Defender in the search box located on the right corner (Windows Defender will show up as one of the results).
    • Click on the Windows Defender, and click on the Turn On.

We appreciate if you update us with the result.

John Sarc, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Is there a way to take control over Defender decision making process?

Windows Defender

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Please follow the below steps and check:

Step 1: Enable Windows defender from control panel

• Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.
    • On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.
    • Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.
    If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2: Enable Windows defender from services.msc.

• Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
    • Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.
    • Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service.
    If you face any issue while troubleshooting, please provide the outcome, so that we can work on your issue.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way to take control over Defender decision making process?

1. Is there a way to take control over Defender decision making process? - Similar Threads - control Defender decision

2. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  3. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  4. Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action: Hello microsoft team, Recently windows defender detected Trojan:Win32/Access!rfn on my PC. After I clicked on Start Action, it is notifying the same threat everytime. I even deleted the infected file after going in the location in the threat details. But still, it shows the...
  5. PCI Decise and SM Bus Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Decise and SM Bus Controller: I have an Asus TUF Z390 PLus Gaming mother board and Nvidia GeForce 210 display card and I get the following PCI Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A324&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&FD The drivers for this device are not installed. Device...
  6. Windows defender scanner is taking way too long.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender scanner is taking way too long.: I have attempted to use windows defender and chose to use the "Windows Defender Offline scan" option. It has said it would restart and then take about 15 minutes to finish, but it has taken more than an hour. Inside task manager, it is still running, but I cannot terminate...
  7. Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop: I am the owner, hopefully the administrator and the only user of my laptop Lenovo Yoga 510 computer. It has Windows 10 operating system and Home Office 365. Every now and then when I try to open a saved file, I get a message 'This file is locked by another user. Should a Read...
  8. An antivirus that lets me make the decision

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An antivirus that lets me make the decision: Hi. I've just given Avast a try and the initial scan identified the usual tracking cookies and one 'vulnerable software'. There was no way to find what software it was referring to and the only action offered was 'resolve all'. Was it intending to update the software or...
  9. Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?: Good day all, I'm wondering if there is a way i can add Control Panel to my start menu in the same area where Settings is currently located. Thanks for your time. 38037
  10. Well, it certainly wasn't an easy decision to make, but...

in Windows 10 Support
    Well, it certainly wasn't an easy decision to make, but...: ...today, after a great deal of thought on the matter, I've decided to remove Windows 10 (build 9926) as my primary OS, and revert back to Windows 8.1.1 as my primary OS. This is not a decision I made lightly, especially considering that restoring a full image of my 8.1.1...