Windows 10: Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to?

Discus and support Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 different Yoga computers, and 2 different recovery disks. Unfortuantely, I have labeled both recovery disks as Yoga, and now I dont know which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by asuby, Dec 21, 2020.

1. asuby Win User

Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to?

I have 2 different Yoga computers, and 2 different recovery disks. Unfortuantely, I have labeled both recovery disks as Yoga, and now I dont know which disk belongs to each computer.

Is there a way to identify the system or computer that the recovery disk belongs to, using only the information on the disk?

Thanks !

:)

asuby, Dec 21, 2020
  2. TJB
    TJB Win User

Is there a way to tell by info on a recovery drive what PC it belongs?

I have 3 PC's and 3 recovery drives. Is there a way to tell by looking at the info on those drives which PC they go with? Win10 Home 1909?

3. MikePlaga Win User
    Flash drive recovery

I have 4 recovery flash drives from 4 different computers, how can i tell which drive belongs to what computer with out having to try each one.

MikePlaga, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to?

Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to?

1. Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to? - Similar Threads - tell computer recovery

2. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  3. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  4. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows doesn't remember which monitor app belongs to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesn't remember which monitor app belongs to: When I close an app, I expect it to reside on that monitor. Several apps keep shifting to an incorrect monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-remember-which-monitor-app-belongs/7f684295-e724-491a-b23a-9af2df02364b
  6. Windows doesn't remember which monitor app belongs to

Windows doesn't remember which monitor app belongs to: When I close an app, I expect it to reside on that monitor. Several apps keep shifting to an incorrect monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-remember-which-monitor-app-belongs/7f684295-e724-491a-b23a-9af2df02364b
  7. Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound?

Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound?: I am getting alert sounds occasionally that I cannot identify the source of. Is there a way to see what program triggered the sound? There is no corresponding Notification Area message. I am on Win 10 20H2 but this was true on previous builds also....
  8. Is there a way to tell different processes which network adapter to use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to tell different processes which network adapter to use?: Tl;dr: I'd like to access both a local network over my Ethernet and the internet over my WiFi connection. Is there a way to tell Chrome/Firefox/terminal/explorer/... processes which interface they should be using when I want to access a resource? I frequently need to connect...
  9. Is there a way to tell by info on a recovery drive what PC it belongs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to tell by info on a recovery drive what PC it belongs?: I have 3 PC's and 3 recovery drives. Is there a way to tell by looking at the info on those drives which PC they go with? Win10 Home 1909? 148618
  10. FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE - which memory bank it belongs to?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE - which memory bank it belongs to?: Hello, I browsed through numerous questions on this topic but didn't find the answer I'm interested in. I've had the bug, ran WinDbg, inside it the Analyze command and got the listing below. From which follows that it is a hardware error, memory error and even the physical...