Windows 10: Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound?

Discus and support Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am getting alert sounds occasionally that I cannot identify the source of. Is there a way to see what program triggered the sound? There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nik Tesla NY, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound?

I am getting alert sounds occasionally that I cannot identify the source of. Is there a way to see what program triggered the sound? There is no corresponding Notification Area message.

I am on Win 10 20H2 but this was true on previous builds also.

:)

Nik Tesla NY, Feb 1, 2021

2. text message alert sounds?

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the phone?

• When you say ‘’cannot find how to set text message alert sounds’’ are you referring to setup a particular sound/alert for the message or there is no sound alert at all when you received the message?
    I also like to inform you that, you cannot setup a different alert sound except the inbuilt sound alert. If you refer to setting up your choice sound alert, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback using feedback app.

Thank you. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Loss of alert sounds

We'd like to ask for additional information:

• Is the alert sounds is included in your taskbar before?
    • What's the error when you tried to run the troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried to check the alert sound in the start menu?
    Meanwhile, kindly uninstall and reinstall the app and let's see if the alert sounds will reinstalled together with the application.

Raymond Ave, Feb 1, 2021
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound?

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

Thema:

Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound?

1. Is there a way to tell which program triggered an alert sound? - Similar Threads - tell program triggered

2. Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?: Is there a setting to tell Windows to not annoy me with ANY sounds AT ALL when the computer is locked?The other day a guy in India woke me up with his typing me a message in Teams. That made me very upset!I know Microsoft often doesn't do things well Hello Windows Media...
  3. Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?: Is there a setting to tell Windows to not annoy me with ANY sounds AT ALL when the computer is locked?The other day a guy in India woke me up with his typing me a message in Teams. That made me very upset!I know Microsoft often doesn't do things well Hello Windows Media...
  4. Is there a setting to tell Windows to not play any sounds/alerts with the computer locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Annoying alert sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying alert sounds: I sometimes get bugged by recurring alert sounds with no indication of what is causing them. Is there a way to find out what is causing these sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-alert-sounds/e987d981-6b37-45a1-a127-bdb58ea2ed4e
  6. Is there a way to programmatically determine which device triggers a Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to programmatically determine which device triggers a Windows Update?: Hello - Is there an API or registry entry that supports finding the device that triggers a Windows driver update? What I would hope to find is a VID/PID corresponding to the device matched by the Windows Update matching algorithm. Thank you....
  7. Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to tell which computer a recovery drive belongs to?: I have 2 different Yoga computers, and 2 different recovery disks. Unfortuantely, I have labeled both recovery disks as Yoga, and now I dont know which disk belongs to each computer. Is there a way to identify the system or computer that the recovery disk belongs to, using...
  8. Is there a way to tell different processes which network adapter to use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to tell different processes which network adapter to use?: Tl;dr: I'd like to access both a local network over my Ethernet and the internet over my WiFi connection. Is there a way to tell Chrome/Firefox/terminal/explorer/... processes which interface they should be using when I want to access a resource? I frequently need to connect...
  9. Program as trigger to open another program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program as trigger to open another program?: Hello dear community, I got CS:GO in Steam. I would like to run CustomDesktopLogo at the same time so that I can display a small dot in the middle of the monitor. Now I have already tried with a CMD file: start /b "" "C:\Not...
  10. Windows sounds / alerts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sounds / alerts: Lately my computer has when I am not sitting there, waking up and then coming a lot of sounds. I have tried and turned off the mouse to wake up the computer but it does not seem to help at all. how do i do that the computer just wakes up via the keyboard and nothing else?...