Windows 10: Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?

Discus and support Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello I am thinking about switching from Windows to MacOS. However, I have no idea how the software feels and would like to test it beforehand. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by ThesilenceKItt, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?

Hello I am thinking about switching from Windows to MacOS. However, I have no idea how the software feels and would like to test it beforehand. I have a computer with AMD processor or one with Intel i3 processor. Is there a way to test the system on it?

:)

ThesilenceKItt, Aug 13, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?

any way to run MacOS in a VM with an AMD processor?

High Sierra 10.13.1 VM for VMWare Player 14 for Ryzen/FX/APU processors - Page 14AMD OS X
    MacOS Sierra on VMWare (On Windows + AMD processor) - macOS 10.12 (Sierra) - InsanelyMac Forum
    and many more from these forums

A lot of people managed to install macos in vm on ryzen system; however, it looks like more complicated than installing on intel machine. Not having amd proc, I cannot test it myself... If you have intel machine (core2 duo & 4GB RAM is sufficient), you can start installing macos in vmware player here as a training - patching/unlocking vmware player, making changes to vmx file, creating high sierra iso... After some learning and studying, you can try to step up to installing macos at amd system.

muchomurka, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC?

1. Is there a way to test MacOS on a PC? - Similar Threads - test MacOS

2. Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iupjqn/microsoft_is_testing_a_new_feature_called/
  3. Directory Write Test tmp files created

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory Write Test tmp files created: Every once in a while, empty "Directory Write Test (...).tmp" files are added under "C:". Like "Directory Write Test (6008).tmp", "Directory Write Test (12880).tmp", ... It never stops. Googling tmp and "Directory Write Test", I don't find any clue. What could that be ?...
  4. Test Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Test Sound: I started a test sound on my speakers and now I cannot make it stop playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-sound/4fc73092-70e5-4e46-8aab-da0a9012462c
  5. Internet speed tests says i have upwards of 25mbps download and 4.5+ upload, yet all my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed tests says i have upwards of 25mbps download and 4.5+ upload, yet all my...: My internet is clearly capable of higher download speeds but whenever i download something, it seems capped to around 2mbps? Anyway to fix this? submitted by /u/SK-XVII [link] [comments]...
  6. My microphone is not working, but the troubleshooter doesn't detect anything, even the test...

My microphone is not working, but the troubleshooter doesn't detect anything, even the test...: So this problem happened a few days from now. The problem is that my microphone doesn't do anything. When I try to record my audio using Audacity, there's no input. Zoom meetings, no input. It seems that the mic doesn't transmit any data. But, when I opened the Sounds panel...
  7. WIFI status says i have a good internet speed, yet a speed test says my internet is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI status says i have a good internet speed, yet a speed test says my internet is...: Hello All I went to network connections and clicked on the interface I use to get to the WIFI status for the device. Everything seems to be well, signal quality is subpar however my internet speed is 21.7 Mbps. Yet when I perform a speed test on my device, my download speed...
  8. Microsoft Research Network Speed Test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Research Network Speed Test: The Network Speed Test Supplied with windows 10 default apps seems not to be reporting my true network speed as various others products do. Where could we find out what server it is pinging and to be able change to a more local server. the results i get with this Speed Test...
  9. Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch: I have a new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and set-up 2.1 in the sound control panel using 5.1 and unchecking the rear and center speakers. The 2 front speakers test and work perfectly. The subwoofer tests no sound but works perfectly also. Is this a driver issue or should...
  10. how do i test/verify rescue media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i test/verify rescue media: Good Day All just curious is there a way to verify (test) a macrium reflect back before you really need it ? without really doing a rescue going from 1909 to 2004 shortly while i'm not at sea never have had to restore before just being careful DME 163692