Windows 10: Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one?

Discus and support Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm going to sell my old PC and using a new laptop instead due to my new job. Previously it had a Window 10 Home but I got a Window 10 Education key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Onismurai, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one?

So I'm going to sell my old PC and using a new laptop instead due to my new job. Previously it had a Window 10 Home but I got a Window 10 Education key from my University so I used it to upgrade.

I still kept the edu key and want to use the key with my new laptop instead. Will uninstall the edu key in the old pcs restore it back to the original Home key? Also, can I use my Education key to my new laptop?

Any advices is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Onismurai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Onismurai, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Rob4642 Win User

Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, Apr 10, 2021
  3. how to transfer my old pc's windows 10 key into my new pc's windows 10

i bought the new pc and i want to transfer my old pc's windows 10 key in my new pc's windows 10.

I dont have written key, but i have digital key in my Microsoft account. how to find key in my microsoft account.

And im already deactivated windows 10 in my old PC using CMD.

Suprabhat Singh, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one?

Transfer all files from old PC to new one

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

• But now for the good news: Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you

PCmover Express
      – a tool for transferring selected files, folders and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC. And even more good news – it’s free!

Mike Hall... always, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one?

1. Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one? - Similar Threads - transfer Window Key

2. Windows 10 key from old laptop on new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 key from old laptop on new one: HelloMy laptop motherboard died so I bought second hand for replace. Is there a way I can use my old laptop windows lincense on a new one?System was installed on 2.5 SSD and new one has only m.2 storage. I can't add 2.5 disk to my new laptop lenovo x13.Kind regards...
  3. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  4. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  5. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Transferring windows 10 pro from my old computer to my new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring windows 10 pro from my old computer to my new one: Hey everyone, I've recently bought a new surface pro 7 and I have windows 10 pro on my old laptop which I'm looking to transfer to my new laptop. However when I called Microsoft the guy I was speaking to was adamant that the activation code was incorrect however that is the...
  7. Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.

Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.: I have an old HP laptop which I upgraded from Win 7 to Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer the license key from that laptop before recycling it, to my desktop PC I run with a digital license....
  8. Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC: Hi there, I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it. Regards Sameer M...
  9. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?: Hello, I just bought myself a new PC and how can I move my Windows 10 product key from my old PC to my new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-product-key-from-my/798577c0-51bc-4255-b7ee-66692a4af82a
  10. Transferring windows product key from old motherboard to new one

Transferring windows product key from old motherboard to new one: I changed my hardware very recently (motherboard, cpu, gpu, ram), and now i noticed my windows isn't activated. I tried the troubleshooter, but to no avail. When I try to reactivate my windows 10 by selecting my current device, i get a message "Unable to activate windows. We...