Windows 10: Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys?

Discus and support Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically i bought a laptop but the function keys (f1-f12) they all have shortcuts for example f10 lowers volume and f1 puts laptop on sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NM_XDD, Feb 6, 2021.

1. /u/NM_XDD Win User

Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys?

So basically i bought a laptop but the function keys (f1-f12) they all have shortcuts for example f10 lowers volume and f1 puts laptop on sleep mode and f2 applies airplane mode and so on, is there a way to turn this off?

submitted by /u/NM_XDD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NM_XDD, Feb 6, 2021

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 6, 2021
  3. grecinos Win User
    Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys? - Similar Threads - turn off shortcut

2. Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?: I have a problem. I have 10 ASUS E410M Laptops that are used my kindergartners. They seem to accidentally turn off the touchpad on a daily basis. It's infuriating. SURELY there is a way to disable any shortcuts to turn of the touchpad? SURELY there is a way to lock the...
  3. Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?: I have a problem. I have 10 ASUS E410M Laptops that are used my kindergartners. They seem to accidentally turn off the touchpad on a daily basis. It's infuriating. SURELY there is a way to disable any shortcuts to turn of the touchpad? SURELY there is a way to lock the...
  4. Is there a way to disable shortcuts for turning on/off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  6. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  7. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there a way to turn this off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to turn this off: [ATTACH] This is in the setting and it's kinda annoying because I never use this stuff beside Windows Update and I also use Edge but that Web browsing thing and Reward keeps appearing. Is there a way to turn it off?...
  9. How to turn off language shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off language shortcut key: How to turn off language shortcut key ? Because when I play team building PUBG game, I often press this switch Thank you very much ! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-language-shortcut-key/40379a7e-b0f2-43f8-8335-ba634d4637be
  10. Shortcut to turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to turn off screen: I just got a new Lenovo yoga I need a way to make the screen turn off on demand, preferably with a shortcut or icon on the task bar or action center, that will just simply turn the display off without interrupting what the PC is doing. So it dosent turn off sound or sends it...