Windows 10: Is there a way to turn off the microphone when using earbuds, but keep it on if I plug in a...

Discus and support Is there a way to turn off the microphone when using earbuds, but keep it on if I plug in a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I often switch between using apple earbuds and my headset. When I'm playing a game that I need the mic for I use my headset, but if it's not needed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leaky-Soup-Bowl, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Is there a way to turn off the microphone when using earbuds, but keep it on if I plug in a...

I often switch between using apple earbuds and my headset. When I'm playing a game that I need the mic for I use my headset, but if it's not needed then I use the earbuds as they are more comfortable. The problem is that there is a VERY loud mic buzz that comes from the earbuds (that I myself can not hear during normal use, it's only picked up on the mic). If I am playing a game that I want to hear others in but do not want to talk myself, then I wear the earbuds, however the other people will be able to hear the loud buzz coming from the mic, and sometimes there isn't a very accessible button to turn it off. The buzz also gets saved in videos that I record on GeForce Experience. I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the microphone on the earbuds but have it stay on if I plug in my headset, as switching over to my headset just so the mic buzz doesn't go through is pretty annoying sometimes.

submitted by /u/Leaky-Soup-Bowl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leaky-Soup-Bowl, Feb 27, 2021
  2. FreddyAk Win User

Earbuds microphone[Solved]

Hello I have some random earbuds with microphone but they work in phone. When I plug them into pc into mic jack it doesnt work. When I blow straight into microphone it doesnt detect any sound but when I blow into headphone it does. I tried turning volume up, changing all settings. Like all of options and nothing worked. I also tried different earbuds but they didnt work as well. I also tried to plug them into my sisters laptop but neither my nor other earbuds worked... I did not yet tried splitter but I will soon, but I dont know if this would help because built in mic should work when connected to microphone jack slot. When I plug them into headphone slot I they play sounds but I cant set mic to work. Any solutions ?

FreddyAk, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Internal Tablet Microphone Not Working When Earbuds Plug In

When I try to use, skype for example, the internal microphone will only work if there is nothing in the audio jack. however, when I plug in the earbuds, the microphone ceases to work entirely. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

batedspere, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Is there a way to turn off the microphone when using earbuds, but keep it on if I plug in a...

Microphone VS Earbuds

my sony earphones were destroyed, so I've bought earbuds instead of it. These earbuds have their own mic under button (there is a button on the cable, that enables microphone from earbuds). Yesterday I've unfortunately clicked this little button, and my
    mic in the laptop has been changed for this one in earbuds. now my microphone in the laptop isn't working, even with unplugged earbuds

ChickenGaming, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to turn off the microphone when using earbuds, but keep it on if I plug in a...

1. Is there a way to turn off the microphone when using earbuds, but keep it on if I plug in a... - Similar Threads - turn off microphone

2. Windows 10 Microphone keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Microphone keeps turning on and off: My windows 10 Microphone automatically turning on and off , I have tried to fix it but failed . pls anyone out there ,help me ,suggest me genuine ways so that this problem can be solved permanently. Thanks!...
  3. Windows 10 Microphone keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microphone keeps turning on and off: My windows 10 Microphone automatically turning on and off , I have tried to fix it but failed . pls anyone out there ,help me ,suggest me genuine ways so that this problem can be solved permanently. Thanks!...
  4. Windows 10 Microphone keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I plug in my microphone, one side of my headphones turns off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I plug in my microphone, one side of my headphones turns off.: When I plug in my headphones in the front panel of my pc, one side of the headphones stops working, but if I plug it on the back panel windows registers it as speakers so I cant really use my headphones with the poor sound volume....
  6. When I plug in my microphone, one side of my headphones turns off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug in my microphone, one side of my headphones turns off.: When I plug in my headphones in the front panel of my pc, one side of the headphones stops working, but if I plug it on the back panel windows registers it as speakers so I cant really use my headphones with the poor sound volume....
  7. When I plug in my microphone, one side of my headphones turns off.

8. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged: Laptop just start misbehaving. It won't turn on except when plugged in, and it will off when unplugged despite displaying 94% at the battery bar....
  9. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged

Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged: Laptop just start misbehaving. It won't turn on except when plugged in, and it will off when unplugged despite displaying 94% at the battery bar....
  10. My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord: So I have a Lenovo Laptop and whenever I unplug the power cord the screen fades out as if my brightness is changing. Whenever I put in the power cord it returns to normal. But when I type or press anything it is still going through....