Windows 10: Is there a way to unbind Ctrl + Shift + Q?

Discus and support Is there a way to unbind Ctrl + Shift + Q? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ctrl + Shift + Q opens up my sound taskbar whenever pressed. I'm trying to figure out if I can unbind it since it gets in the way of a game where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GreenRex7, Jul 8, 2020.

1. GreenRex7 Win User

Is there a way to unbind Ctrl + Shift + Q?

Ctrl + Shift + Q opens up my sound taskbar whenever pressed. I'm trying to figure out if I can unbind it since it gets in the way of a game where I press those buttons and I can't change them.

Is there a way to unbind Ctrl + Shift + Q? adb4731d-c881-40d9-b44b-57a1ecc3d441?upload=true.png

:)

GreenRex7, Jul 8, 2020

2. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Jul 8, 2020
  3. wrecche Win User
    Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Hi Muralidhar,

I performed the steps as you provided, and the option was already set to off. Toggling it to ensure the setting has stuck, did not resolve the problem. HotKeyList still shows

Ctrl+Shift+E

Ctrl+Shift+Q

Ctrl+Shift+W

as new;y added hotkeys that seemingly serve no purpose other than to take control over those combinations. Only Ctrl+Shift+E is what I am concerned about.

I wish there was a way to determine exactly what application or service had the need for these keys.

Thanks again, but so far no luck.

wrecche, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• Have you assigned the “Ctrl + Shift” shortcut for any application?

Ideally, the shortcut Ctrl + Shift is used to switch the keyboard layout when multiple keyboard layouts are available. If you have assigned the shortcut for a keyboard layout, you may try changing it by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and select
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Click on Input language hot keys.
    5. Select the layout for which you have assigned the shortcut and click on
      Change Key Sequence.
    6. Under Switch Keyboard Layout, select
      Not assigned.
    7. Click on OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to unbind Ctrl + Shift + Q? - Similar Threads - unbind Ctrl Shift

2. `ctrl+shift+w` in browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    `ctrl+shift+w` in browser: Many times, I accidentally press `ctrl+shift+w` in browser and all my open tabs and work goes away in the browser. Is there any undo option for this ? if not then how can I disable this shortcut ?...
  3. Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working: I am having issues with the Ctrl+Shift keystrokes on my Windows 10 system. I've tried changing my typing settings, I've tried updating my sysytem, I've tried looking for drivers, I've tried looking at my hotkey settings, and nothing seems to work. This just suddenly happened...
  4. ctrl and shift key are not responding

ctrl and shift key are not responding: No matter I press it, it will not respond on my desktop. I tried to use it on different device, and it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-and-shift-key-are-not-responding/bec2272c-8a84-45d9-8e9a-bbe579a7303c
  5. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  6. CTRL - SHIFT - S not working

CTRL - SHIFT - S not working: system: win 11I use PHP storm and I try to use the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-S, normally it would trigger save as, but it doesn't do a thing.In Edge I try to simulate CTRL-SHIFT-S, but the keycode doesn't get through, CTRL-SHIFT-A is working CTRL - SHIFT - S :...
  7. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  8. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  9. Is there a way to make it so Ctrl+Shift won't change the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make it so Ctrl+Shift won't change the keyboard?: I recently added the US International keyboard along with the standard US keyboard for online school Spanish purposes. The only issue is when I am playing games, I use the control and shift keys very quickly and it switches the keyboard back and forth from international to...
  10. Ctrl+Shift+Entre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+Shift+Entre: Hi, I recently bought a refurb desktop PC which runs Win 10. I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse. It all has seemed fine. I so far have not loaded MSOffice because I can use my work desktop through VM ware. All has seemed fine However I do a lot of excel work and...