Windows 10: Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?

Discus and support Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Photoshop keeps generating undeletable debug.log's (only solution is rebooting which is not ideal) and many of the programs recommended do not seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cinderbike, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?

Photoshop keeps generating undeletable debug.log's (only solution is rebooting which is not ideal) and many of the programs recommended do not seem to work on the latest Win10 build.

Surely there's a way to do this natively?

submitted by /u/Cinderbike
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cinderbike, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Hydrate Win User

Unlocker programs

It's always great to have multiple tools in your toolkit, hence why it is a toolkit.

I prefer to use UnlockIT because it has a more advanced GUI that allows me to view all the .dll's and process hooks in the locked files.

It also has more features that can be seen here: Feature List - UnLock IT
    The best of the best in my opinion, however, I would have both in my toolkit in the event UnlockIT cannot do the job for some strange reason (which it has not given any problems).

Hydrate, Sep 16, 2020
  3. kaschiro1 Win User
    unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 16, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program?

1. Is there a way to unlock files w/o another program? - Similar Threads - unlock files another

2. background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems: Running background programs use up memory so can't use. am 81 & not computer knowledgeable. Ran autoruns now what do? Someday you'll be old & won't have a clue. Hopefully you won't....
  3. Is there a way to move program and data to another PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to move program and data to another PC?: I lost all of my files on PC but luckily I have a copy of it on laptop (not as executable files but already installed). Is there a way to move the data from laptop to PC using external storage (similar to Migrate on Android)? 151469
  4. File is open in another program

File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  5. Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?: My Windows 10 OS on my SSD main drive crapped out after installing a new Windows 10 update. Can no longer boot from this drive. Tried to reinstall the OS from a Windows Install disk, but it will not permit me to do this, since the SSD is partitioned with an MBR. Is there a...
  6. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  7. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  8. Unlocker programs

Unlocker programs: I'm attempting to move a hijacked portion of another thread here. In the thread Invisible overlay not allowing to click - Windows 10 Forums I mentioned an Unlocker program and generated some useful responses that had nothing to to with the original thread. I think the...
  9. 2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 panel snap w/ spreadsheet/browser: way to go back/forth w/o tab?: I've begun using snap in Windows 10 and like it for most purposes, but I very often use a spreadsheet in one window next to a browser window (typically Sheets w/in Chrome, but also stand-alone LibreCalc, with Chrome). (I am often gathering data on different products between...
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517