Windows 10: Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the...

Discus and support Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've seen a lot of folders than instead of using the default icon or a custom one, they use a normal folder icon but they have a smaller icon too. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/al3x_7788, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the...

I've seen a lot of folders than instead of using the default icon or a custom one, they use a normal folder icon but they have a smaller icon too. A good example is the google drive synced folder, which uses the windows folder icon with the drive logo next to it. Is there a way to do this?

Another example which is not as good is the folders that contain images, videos, music or documents and the thumbnails of these are displayed on the folder icon. But I'm not exactly trying to do this, I'm trying to do something like the Google drive folder.

submitted by /u/al3x_7788
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/al3x_7788, Jan 20, 2021

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the...

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the...

1. Is there a way to use a custom icon for a folder but the default is maintained and the... - Similar Threads - custom icon folder

2. default folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default folder icon: hello! whenever i make a new folder, my folder default icon doesn't show but it only shows a white paper kind-of icon. i just want to ask how can i put back my default folder icon back? because i've been having a hard time changing it in each folder manually.from, chy....
  3. default folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default folder icon: hello! whenever i make a new folder, my folder default icon doesn't show but it only shows a white paper kind-of icon. i just want to ask how can i put back my default folder icon back? because i've been having a hard time changing it in each folder manually.from, chy....
  4. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  5. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  6. Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?: Like the start button, battery, Wi-Fi and so on. I've discovered how to change the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the others. I'm not talking about hiding icons, or changing program icons, but actually changing the way the system's icons look....
  7. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  8. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  9. How to add custom folder icons as default?

How to add custom folder icons as default?: hi, I am new to this forums, so pardon my mistakes... I would like to know how to change the default plain folder icons to custom folder as default... I was able to change lots of icons using customisergod from door2windows... but i got stuck with "folders which have...
  10. Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'?

Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'?: Hi, As the title says, I'm trying to change the default look of the folders located in 'This PC' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc). By this I mean when viewing in 'This PC', and not in 'C:\User Data\', which has no problems. I have tried: - Editing windows.ini...