Windows 10: Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?

Discus and support Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up a custom hotkey to mute my mic while in fullscreen games. I have everything set in a powershell script, which is called by a batch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ADCraven, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?

I'm trying to set up a custom hotkey to mute my mic while in fullscreen games. I have everything set in a powershell script, which is called by a batch file to use the script, and send a command to a global class it creates. That's all working fine.

I created a shortcut to the batch file, placed it on my desktop, and set the hotkeys for it to be ctrl+alt+shift+M(ute) or +U(nmute). The issue is, it looks like Windows disables custom hotkeys while in fullscreen mode. Does anyone know a way around this? Is there some way to create a new global hotkey, similar to what can be done in linux, for example?

I've tried searching google/stackexchange, but haven't been able to find a workable answer that doesn't involve installing a new piece of software to respond based on keylogging (like autoit).

submitted by /u/ADCraven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ADCraven, Oct 7, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

I would like to make a custom hotkey for vent that mutes my mic. I don't like using push to talk, but sometimes my mom walks in and talk to me, which means my friend on the other side on the screen hears her, which is pretty shitty...

tl;dr Can/how do I make a hotkey that mutes my mic?

3. entropy13 Win User

Actually you shouldn't really name it "Mute" since you can load up a lot more of custom hotkeys besides Mute - Right Alt for example. *Stick Out Tongue Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen? :p

entropy13, Oct 7, 2020
  4. entropy13 Win User

Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?

OK I've been able to make a custom hotkey in Vent.

Run vent, select the arrow beside the drop-down menu of "Bindings".

Click "New", give it a name ("Mute"), then click "Add", select "Toggle Mute Microphone", select the hotkey to use, then OK.

Before connecting to a server select the "Mute" bind you just made.

entropy13, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?

1. Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen? - Similar Threads - custom hotkeys while

2. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  3. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  4. Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen: I know windows changed this for game guys so they don't launch calc or whatever when gaming, But I need to kill and launch programs when full screened. Is there a way regedit, etc to restore the old working when full screened functionality?Thanks,-G...
  5. Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen: I know windows changed this for game guys so they don't launch calc or whatever when gaming, But I need to kill and launch programs when full screened. Is there a way regedit, etc to restore the old working when full screened functionality?Thanks,-G...
  6. Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?: Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver? Like, I want to have it so that when I press Crtl + Alt + O it would trigger the Screensaver. submitted by /u/XTremeGameboy [link] [comments]...
  7. Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?

Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?: Hi, so there's like a dozen different keyboard shotcut interrupt layers that enable custom shortcuts in windows, but I don't want to have to run bloated wares just to do one simple keyboard shortcut. I'm looking for the lightest lightweight solution possible to create a...
  8. Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?

Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?: Incase an app crashes and refuses to close, even with task manager or Alt-F4 (this has happened, I had to hard reset). I've already looked into the "Choose what the power button does" but it has no option to change the sleep button to shutdown. Also, while I'm posting this,...
  9. Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey...

Is there a way to enable wireless without a key? Or can I get another way of using a hotkey...: I need to enable my laptop's wireless. It doesn't have an physical switch, so I need to use the shortcut Fn + F4... but my F4 is not working. I have an external keyboard, is there a way I could use it for this? Or is there an virtual switch (somewhere on Windows options) I...
  10. Taskbar in the way when in fullscreen

Taskbar in the way when in fullscreen: how to I fix this permanently. It is an easy semi fix when you restart windows explorer but then it just comes back later. I do this everyday and im wondering if there is a permanent fix to this? submitted by /u/Sean_Owe [link] [comments]...