Windows 10: Is there a way to use shorthand when naming files?

Discus and support Is there a way to use shorthand when naming files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I work in a department where we do record keeping. I scan the same documents/forms for each and every client. They then need to be renamed to the name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by apye, Dec 14, 2020.

1. apye Win User

Is there a way to use shorthand when naming files?

I work in a department where we do record keeping. I scan the same documents/forms for each and every client. They then need to be renamed to the name of the form. I have to fully type out the same file names 10 times a day, every day. Is there a way I can save time by renaming a file in file explorer with short hand and then running a command or autocorrect to automatically replace the shorthand with the full file name? Using Windows 10 Pro.

Ex. For every client, I need to save a document called "Initial PT Caregiver Screening Tool". I would like to be able to type "SCREEN" and then the file name automatically be changed to "Initial PT Caregiver Screening Tool".

:)

2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Dec 14, 2020
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Dec 14, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to use shorthand when naming files? - Similar Threads - shorthand naming files

2. Is there any way of sorting all files in a folder by file name length?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way of sorting all files in a folder by file name length?: I was just backing a folder up and it halted because a file name was too long. Why would it care? As if text takes up a lot of space. Anyway, it would be great to be able to sort so I can trim down long file names....
  3. Files dont sort the way they used to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files dont sort the way they used to?: A little while ago I was in my file explorer developing my server when I clicked a few buttons I didn't know the series of. I am sure this is a simple fix but I searched and could not find an answer. right now they are sorted into what kind of file they are, I do not want...
  4. Files dont sort the way they used to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files dont sort the way they used to?: A little while ago I was in my file explorer developing my server when I clicked a few buttons I didn't know the series of. I am sure this is a simple fix but I searched and could not find an answer. right now they are sorted into what kind of file they are, I do not want...
  5. Files dont sort the way they used to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Way to Make Uploaded Files Fit File Naming Convention

Way to Make Uploaded Files Fit File Naming Convention: Is there an office product eg - Sharepoint? that I can use on my website, so visitors who want to upload word or pdf documents for my review, rename those files into my file naming convention? Eg - before they upload the file, they input date etc. Detailed egs - Perhaps...
  7. Is there a way to search for just the files name in windows explorer?

Is there a way to search for just the files name in windows explorer?: I don’t know what happened to my explorer search feature. For some reason and I don’t know when it started but it stopped searching correctly. For example: Using the explorer search bar. I am trying to look for a file with the with the word “order” in the file name. I can do...
  8. Any way to sort files with dates in the name?

Any way to sort files with dates in the name?: I have a folder of Georges Braque's works, all of them JPG images with their titles formatted "Title-Year of creation-Painting medium". I want to sort these paintings by their year, but the year is in the middle of the title, not the front. The dates are all four digit years...
  9. Using different fonts in file name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using different fonts in file name: Can I do what the picture below describes : Is there a utility that helps me do this? John 67943
  10. What's the Proper Way of Naming Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the Proper Way of Naming Files?: Over the years, I've come across dozens of ways to properly(?) name a file. For example, as in my movie, here are just a few: The_Secret_of_NIMH_1982 The-Secret-of-NIMH-1982 The.Secret.of.NIMH.1982 The Secret of NIMH_(1982) I think some of them may go back to the...