Windows 10: Is there a way to use the Windows 10 media creation tool to make a previous win10 version...

Discus and support Is there a way to use the Windows 10 media creation tool to make a previous win10 version... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an older Dell Inspiron 7520 laptop that I really like (have newer computers in storage but I'm still nostalgic) and it is running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Optimal-Counter, May 28, 2020.

1. Is there a way to use the Windows 10 media creation tool to make a previous win10 version...

Hi all,

I have an older Dell Inspiron 7520 laptop that I really like (have newer computers in storage but I'm still nostalgic) and it is running Windows 10 home 1903 (ver 1903 18362.826), and it runs quickly and really well, no problems, extremely stable.

So I recently tried to install Windows 10 pro on another SDD that I swapped out into the laptop. It runs well at first no problem, but after about ten minutes of running the new install, like clockwork, the computer will just freeze, just hang frozen in time. After doing a physical power off, power on, when rebooting I get the error "inaccessible boot device" error and it will keep rebooting until I try to fix with the Windows tool, it starts again but the registry is buggered after that and not even the physical keyboard works, it's a mess so I try to re-install. So at first I thought it was a downloaded update, but it still hangs and then buggers the boot device even when it can't download updates - so it seems that Windows 10 pro 1909 (ver 1909 18363.592) just isn't compatible with something physical in the laptop.

Is there a way to use the windows 10 media creation tool to create the USB installer but with version 1903 instead of version 1909? Thanks again for any help.

submitted by /u/Optimal-Counter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Optimal-Counter, May 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 28, 2020
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Can we get previous versions of Windows 10 media creation tool?

Even if you were to download an older version of the Media Creation Tool it would update itself and then download the current Windows 10 ISO. Links to older versions of the Media Creation Tool are incredibly easy to find though. I was also able to find a third-party source for the 1703 tool which of course shouldn't be used due to the way the tool works.

This is incredibly false. What you actually want to do is download the 1703 ISO, mount the ISO from within Windows, then start the upgrade from within Windows. Booting to WinPE would only allow you to format the machine and reinstall Windows 10.

Booting to WinPE does not allow nor has it ever allowed you to upgrade an existing Windows installation. This has been the case since Windows XP.

Perhaps understanding how the tool works will make it clear that mounting the ISO will result in the exact same process.

All the tool does is download the appropriate ESD file and then converts it to an ISO. After it converting it to an ISO, setup.exe is ran, and the upgrade is done in an identical process the MediaCreationTool.exe and Windows10Upgrade9252.exe uses to perform the upgrade.

Source: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, how does it work?

Ramhound, May 28, 2020
  4. Is there a way to use the Windows 10 media creation tool to make a previous win10 version...

Can we get previous versions of Windows 10 media creation tool?

If those previous versions actually download and install previous Windows 10 builds anyway... What I want to do is upgrade a computer which has build 1511, but I don't want it to be upgraded to 1709 (or Fall Creators update, if you prefer) because that build appears to be riddled with bugs (from my experience, anyway), but 1703 (Creators update) is fine by me, so I want this one. I already found how to get any ISO for any build version, but I would need to boot the computer with this and I can't because I don't have physical access to it (I access it remotely through TeamViewer, that's how we usually manage our users' computers) and that sort of operation is beyond the capabilities of most of our users. I know the media creation tool is capable of upgrading Windows 10 from within Windows itself, so is there a way to obtain a Windows 10 media creation tool that would install 1703 instead of 1709? Currently, the one that's easily found on Microsoft's website will only install 1709 and I don't want it.

Magali Heroux, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to use the Windows 10 media creation tool to make a previous win10 version...

1. Is there a way to use the Windows 10 media creation tool to make a previous win10 version... - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool: I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is...
  3. is there a way to resume media creation tool's download of windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to resume media creation tool's download of windows 10: "I have very bad electricity when the internet is good that the Upgrade can't finish" "I have good electricity when the internet is bad that the update won't move a bit" Is there a way to resume the tool ? submitted by /u/alabdaly [link] [comments]...
  4. Media Creation Tool Windows 10 Version.

Media Creation Tool Windows 10 Version.: Which version or build of Windows 10 does the media creation tool is downloading? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-windows-10-version/cbb56576-2792-474d-bea9-21e1efbc0c8f
  5. Media Creation tool for Windows 10 1809 Version

Media Creation tool for Windows 10 1809 Version: Hi All, I need to upgrade the windows 10 machine previous version to 1809 version. Due to standard version, i couldnt install the latest version 1909 on the workstation. When i try to search i can get the media creation tool for 1909 version but unable to find the download...
  6. Media creation tool and windows version detection

Media creation tool and windows version detection: My question is will the Media Creation Tool automatically detect what version of windows i have? I have windows 10 pro on myn and i got the 4gb iso file, but it only gave me one option for Edition that just said windows 10, The other iso i want to get off another computer...
  7. Where can I download the media creation tool for a previous version of Windows 10?

Where can I download the media creation tool for a previous version of Windows 10?: Windows 10 Pro 1809 installation fails. I want to download a media creation tool that creates the installation file for Windows 10 Pro 1803. Where can I download this tool?...
  8. Build of Win10 version on flashdrive built by Media Creation Tool

Build of Win10 version on flashdrive built by Media Creation Tool: Have a couple of flashdrives for clean Win10 installs built with Media Creation Tool - one from shortly after release & one sometime after the Nov update. Is there a way to just look at contents (other than file dates) to see what Win 10 build will be installed? Related...
  9. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repair win 10 media tool