Windows 10: Is there a way to view inactive DHCP Leases on Windows?

Discus and support Is there a way to view inactive DHCP Leases on Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm wondering if there's a way to view DHCP leases from networks that aren't currently connected on Windows. I'm working on getting an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/creeperninjabro, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Is there a way to view inactive DHCP Leases on Windows?

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there's a way to view DHCP leases from networks that aren't currently connected on Windows. I'm working on getting an employee's laptop connected via VPN, but want to make sure their home network doesn't have the same addressing as our work one does.

I've tried looking on Google, but the only thing I can find is to check the event logs to see what IP addresses have been handed out in the past. Is there a way to show a list of the valid DHCP addresses the computer currently holds, but isn't using on the current network?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/creeperninjabro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/creeperninjabro, Sep 30, 2020
  2. idahebert Win User

dhcp lease

how do I renew my DHCP lease

idahebert, Sep 30, 2020
  3. KB4493509 causes 6 second IP drop at DHCP lease expiry

I'm not sure why this problem suddenly showed up in
    KB4493509

But one of the updates that this Cumulative Update replaces was KB4490481, and that update:

• Addresses an issue that causes Windows to reuse an expired Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) lease if the lease expired while the OS was shutdown.

So someone at Microsoft has been patching the DHCP code, and it looks to me like they created a new bug.

TechnutCanada, Sep 30, 2020
  4. graye Win User

Is there a way to view inactive DHCP Leases on Windows?

DHCP lease expiring every hour

I'd be looking at your own modem.... since that device is acting as the DHCP server for your home network. It's typically the DHCP server (the modem) that determines the lease time.... the DHCP Clients (the PCs) don't really control the lease time.

I'd recommend that you consult the modem's webpage to see how you can control the DHCP options

BTW: Why is this a big deal.... I can't image that a short lease would be causing you any issues...

graye, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to view inactive DHCP Leases on Windows?

1. Is there a way to view inactive DHCP Leases on Windows? - Similar Threads - view inactive DHCP

2. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DHCP scope lease duration: The DHCP scope lease duration is 8 days but the device lease expires every 30 minutes. I can't figure out why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dhcp-scope-lease-duration/1d5574e8-df11-44c6-96af-dd78250ec884
  3. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DHCP scope lease duration: The DHCP scope lease duration is 8 days but the device lease expires every 30 minutes. I can't figure out why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dhcp-scope-lease-duration/1d5574e8-df11-44c6-96af-dd78250ec884
  4. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots: I've had a problem with my Internet connection for a long time at least since January 15, 2023 and since I'm really fed up, I'm asking for help on this forum. When I share a connection between my Android phone and the computer, I manage to connect but the Internet only lasts...
  6. Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots

Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots: I've had a problem with my Internet connection for a long time at least since January 15, 2023 and since I'm really fed up, I'm asking for help on this forum. When I share a connection between my Android phone and the computer, I manage to connect but the Internet only lasts...
  7. DHCP lease time

DHCP lease time: What is the best DHCP lease time ? I stick to the default setting which is 120 minutes. And what yours ? 177138
  8. DHCP lease renewal resetting my network

DHCP lease renewal resetting my network: I have two Windows 10 Pro and two Linux RHEL 7 machines at home, all have wired connections to Netgear NAT/Router/DHCP-server. DHCP lease is working fine except that Windows network gets interrupted. The ssh connection (MobaXterm) to Linux drops, manual reconnection works....
  9. DHCP lease renewal resetting my network

in Windows 10 Support
    DHCP lease renewal resetting my network: I have two Windows 10 Pro and two Linux RHEL 7 machines at home, all have wired connections to Netgear NAT/Router/DHCP-server. DHCP lease is working fine except that Windows network gets interrupted. The ssh connection (MobaXterm) to Linux drops, manual reconnection works....
  10. DHCP lease expiring every hour

DHCP lease expiring every hour: I have run the course with our ISP, and nothing seems to be wrong with our computers. The same thing is happening on multiple computers in our household, all wired directly into the modem. We are only getting a one hour DHCP lease, and our internet provider insists it's not...