Windows 10: Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders?

Discus and support Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Let’s say I’m moving multiple files and/or folders from one drive to another. Once I’ve selected all the files I need to move, is there a way to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HelveticaBOLD, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders?

Let’s say I’m moving multiple files and/or folders from one drive to another. Once I’ve selected all the files I need to move, is there a way to know the TOTAL size of the selection before I’m actually moving them?

I’m sure I’m missing something, but as far as I’m aware, the combined file size of all the files I’m moving is only available once the process of transferring them has begun — how do I change this?

submitted by /u/HelveticaBOLD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HelveticaBOLD, Feb 21, 2021

2. Is it possible to be able to view the total current MB of files in my recyclable folder?

Dave, does that work on your system? On mine only a single deleted file's properties can be viewed, whereas multiple deleted files don't seem to allow their cumulative properties to be viewed. Just want to confirm whether this is a problem on my system specifically
    or perhaps you are mistaken?

RobertJWin, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer "Selected files and size"

I have been looking at the new Windows 10 Files Explorer. I have the status view on. When I look at the status view I can see the number of items in a folder, the number of selected items and the "State". If I select more than one item I can see the total
    number of items and to total size up to 99 items. The problem is if I select over 99 items the total size disappears. It works fine up to 99 items, but what about if I need to know more? Is there a setting or is this a flaw in the new Windows File Explorer?

Brian Weston, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders?

Windows 10 File Explorer "Selected files and size"

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to answer your query.

Like you stated, the maximum number of files you can select to view the total size is limited to 99. This is by design and there is no option to raise the limit. Moreover, the size will not show if you select a folder. However, as a workaround, what you
    can do is, select the files, right click and select "properties". This will calculate and show the total size of the files you have selected.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders?

1. Is there a way to view the total file size of multiple selected files/folders? - Similar Threads - view total file

2. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  3. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  4. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Select multiple files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Select multiple files: Selecting multiple files using control key has stopped. What has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-multiple-files/6d74d5ba-2fb5-4c21-bd6c-56cf151b442f
  6. a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer: animated cg, but only animation not the model from rendering. it's over 2000 frames, lots of excess so reduce file size and it would still look smooth. 2000 frame animation for game has many facing angle so it is repetitive, and a single set rule (which I could adjust) of...
  7. Problem Selecting Multiple Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Selecting Multiple Files: Suddenly I can't select multiple files in Windows 10 File Explorer. While holding CTRL or SHIFT, I select the second file and the first one is deselected. This is very annoying when I want to do a group action. What has happened and how can I fix it?...
  8. Unable to select multiple files/folders on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to select multiple files/folders on Windows 10: Dear All, I have been trying to do multiple selection of files with my windows 10 tablet in touch mode (without mouse and without keyboard) in the MS file explorer. The files are pictures, which I watch in view "extra large icons" to be sure I select the correct ones....
  9. File Explorer way off in showing folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer way off in showing folder size: [img] File Explorer shows size as 2.11GB while alternate program TreeSize Free shows the true size of 128.9GB. 126798
  10. Way of opening selected files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Way of opening selected files: Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked. Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last...