Windows 10: Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others?

Discus and support Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My taskbar is full, and I would like to know if there was a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others. Like, if I could have something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mmorpgquest19, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others?

My taskbar is full, and I would like to know if there was a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others.

Like, if I could have something like browser icons | developing tools icons | design tools icons , and so on, you get the idea. Is there a way to do that?

submitted by /u/mmorpgquest19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mmorpgquest19, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 24, 2020
  3. new11 Win User
    Individual/Independent Separate UnGrouped Outlook Taskbar Icons

Hello,
    I hope everyone is going well! Quick question;

As the title suggests, is there any way for me to have two separate ungrouped Outlook taskbar icons, using regedit or other means? For example; one icon for opening my outlook mailbox and another ungroup icon that opens the outlook calendar?

All ideas welcome and many thanks in advance! Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others? :)

Device: Win10-Pro, XPS15-7590

new11, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others?

Windows 10 for Visually impaired

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description your girlfriend is visually impaired and can't see the icons and you want black color as the background color. Here are the steps which might help you to fix the issue.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select large icons under view by option.
    • Click on personalize.
    • Select any of the theme under High Contrast theme as per your interest.

In order to enlarge the taskbar icons you may refer to the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Uncheck the box stating "Use small taskbar buttons" under taskbar tab.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others?

1. Is there a way to visually separate some taskbar icons from others? - Similar Threads - visually separate taskbar

2. Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?: Hi, I really prefer the new centered taskbar in Windows 11, but the start menu being in the center and taking half the screen is really bothering to me. I'd like it better if it appeared on the left, as if I put the taskbar to the left in the settings, while keeping the...
  3. Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?: Hi, I really prefer the new centered taskbar in Windows 11, but the start menu being in the center and taking half the screen is really bothering to me. I'd like it better if it appeared on the left, as if I put the taskbar to the left in the settings, while keeping the...
  4. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  5. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  6. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Pro Problem is some icons are not showing / blank when related programs are open. It only affects some random programs like Microsoft Store, Image Glass.. etc. and I don't remember when did this issue exactly started to happen. I also googled it and...
  7. Some icons blank others not.

Some icons blank others not.: [ATTACH] Some of my windows 10 store apps actually have icons, like Neon Abyss, Overcooked! 2, and Minecraft Dungeons. Others such as Clustertruck, Moving Out, and My Friend Pedro have no icon at all. I've tried to run DISM and sfc in command prompt, and neither fixed...
  8. Separate Taskbar Icon from Running Window on Taskbar?

Separate Taskbar Icon from Running Window on Taskbar?: Hi all, Believe it or not, I just upgraded from Windows 7. I'm liking Windows 10 so far as a whole but there's one thing that bugs me: previously I was able to have a bunch of taskbar icons/shortcuts and when I'd click on them, it would open a new window. The running window...
  9. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 - Build 18362. Since the last 2 Windows update some icons are not showing when pinning to the task bar or when programs are open. So far the programs not showing an icon but just a white line at the bottom of the taskbar are Edge,...
  10. Some Taskbar Icons not working the same as others

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Taskbar Icons not working the same as others: I updated from Win8.1 to Win10 over the weekend. I use a number of documents pinned to the icons on my Taskbar. (I right click the icons and pin frequently used docs from the recently used file list on each icons context menu) When I right click the Taskbar icons, most have a...