Windows 10: Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?

Discus and support Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a way to whitelist a file, folder or entire flash drive in/from Defender? Every time I open the folder to software *I* have written,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mugsy'sRapSheet, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?

Is there a way to whitelist a file, folder or entire flash drive in/from Defender?

Every time I open the folder to software *I* have written, Defender flags much of the contents as a "Potential threat" and quarantines them. Ditto for a flashdrive I store all my utilities on both sources are virus free. These are False Positives.

I can tell Windows to ignore each file AFTER the fact, but that's very annoying. TIA

:)

Mugsy'sRapSheet, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?

1. Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender? - Similar Threads - whitelist file entire

2. Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy: In order to troubleshoot a network issue I downloaded netcat ncat.exe. Windows Defender classifies this as a "hack tool" and attempts to quarantine it. It is not malware, it is a network debugging tool. I was able to whitelist the executable. However, it now appears in...
  3. Run Minecraft entirely from a flash drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run Minecraft entirely from a flash drive?: Is it possible to run Minecraft on a flash drive (convert flash drive to hard drive) with both the launcher and game on it? submitted by /u/Ring_Rang [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln6ql8/run_minecraft_entirely_from_a_flash_drive/
  4. Easiest way to check the legitimacy of a flash drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to check the legitimacy of a flash drive?: Hey all! Sorry for another help post to flood this sub, with r/techsupport down I came here. I recently got this nifty usb flash drive from a friend for secret Santa. Windows says ~250GB of storage, which I am very skeptical of, especially due to how cheap it is on Amazon....
  5. Whitelist URL/Domain in Microsoft Defender SmartScreen

Whitelist URL/Domain in Microsoft Defender SmartScreen: Hi Team, We, Zoho Docs are a Cloud based Document Management Software provided by Zoho Corporation; check this link - https://www.zoho.com/docs/ for more details. Our product has a feature which allows files/folders uploaded to Docs and can be shared to everyone on the...
  6. Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Whitelisting one youtube video gives access to the entire site: I am using "only allow specific websites" in MSFT family safety. however, once my son visits the approved single video, he is able to navigate from there to any video, the youtube home page and search box, and have unfiltered access to the whole site. URLs for YT are of the...
  7. Is there a way to associate an entire class of files with an application on Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to associate an entire class of files with an application on Windows?: I think this is a question to either people who took part in developing at least the Shell APIs in Windows or those documenting these APIs, as published at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/shell-entry. I have read a large number of articles under the...
  8. Windows Defender and USB flash drives

Windows Defender and USB flash drives: Ive read that Windows Defender doesn't automatically scan any attached removable drives such as USB flash drives when a Full Scan is performed. If that's correct. Lets say that you insert a USB flash drive that has somehow become unknowingly infected with malware. How does...
  9. Entering to a global windows defender whitelist

Entering to a global windows defender whitelist: Hello all, I was wondering if there is a global whitelist for the windows defender, and if so, is there a way to submit an application for review?...
  10. Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application

Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application: Hello, I was pointed here by an MS rep during a live chat and I am not sure if it is the right place (or category) but here goes. I am launching a standalone exe (test version) of a visual designer and generating the following error: "Error message is: Access Violation at...