Windows 10: Is there a way to work on my office computer remotely from my home computer?

Discus and support Is there a way to work on my office computer remotely from my home computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know about remote desktop, but it appears to work only with Windows 10 Pro, and both of my PCs, home and office, have Windows 10 Home. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mmpexchange, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Is there a way to work on my office computer remotely from my home computer?

I know about remote desktop, but it appears to work only with Windows 10 Pro, and both of my PCs, home and office, have Windows 10 Home. Is there a workaround, or another procedure? Is Microsoft making an exception during the Coronavirus crisis? Would be nice of them.

:)

mmpexchange, Apr 3, 2020
  2. lbeck Win User

Can I start a computer remotely?

It occurs to me that maybe I'm working on the wrong computer. Possibly the remote computer is configured properly and the problem is with the computer sending the wake-up call.

Can someone recommend a step-by-step protocol for pinging or sending a wake up command to the remote computer?

Thanks

lbeck, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Remote Desktop - Remote Computer is Sleeping

Got a question that I could answer if I was at the office to try it... Trying to connect remotely to an HP desktop at work.

If the HP is in sleep mode, I can't remote into it. Here's the scenario: Couldn't remote into the HP... Called a co-worker he noticed is was in power saving mode & moved the mouse, it woke up. Then I was able to remote in.

Would "Wake on Lan" in BIOS allow me to wake up the computer through a remote desktop login request? Are there other settings?

EDIT: Both PC's on XP Pro 32

Sasqui, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Is there a way to work on my office computer remotely from my home computer?

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to work on my office computer remotely from my home computer?

1. Is there a way to work on my office computer remotely from my home computer? - Similar Threads - office computer remotely

2. I accidently linked my home computer to my work computer is there a way to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently linked my home computer to my work computer is there a way to: Change what desktop is paired with the work computer. I do use the same email for both but have never linked my computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-linked-my-home-computer-to-my-work/e4be4302-085e-4223-820e-6fb2ea89525d
  3. I accidently linked my home computer to my work computer is there a way to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently linked my home computer to my work computer is there a way to: Change what desktop is paired with the work computer. I do use the same email for both but have never linked my computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-linked-my-home-computer-to-my-work/e4be4302-085e-4223-820e-6fb2ea89525d
  4. Screencapture from primary computer on a remote computer is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screencapture from primary computer on a remote computer is not working: I am running a remote PC with Remote Desktop. I need to do a screen capture on it from the primary computer. Shift print-screen and Window key - print-screen are not working on the primary computer do the screen capture on load data into the clip board....
  5. Screencapture from primary computer on a remote computer is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screencapture from primary computer on a remote computer is not working: I am running a remote PC with Remote Desktop. I need to do a screen capture on it from the primary computer. Shift print-screen and Window key - print-screen are not working on the primary computer do the screen capture on load data into the clip board....
  6. Is there a way to uninstall RaidXpert2 from my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to uninstall RaidXpert2 from my computer?: I downloaded this program called RaidXpert2 but I want to uninstall it now. I can't find it in the Apps & features and the uninstaller can't be found using Registry Editor or searching through Program Files x86. Is it okay to delete the file containing it in Program Files...
  7. Why is my home computer linked to my work computer?

Why is my home computer linked to my work computer?: Hello, At my office, I have 4 computers on the same network. It's just a small network in our office only. Just those 4 computers. Some time ago, I was checking out my user permissions on one of the computers. I noticed that it was asking me if I wanted to link my user...
  8. how move my office from to my new computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how move my office from to my new computer.: how to move my office to my new computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-move-my-office-from-to-my-new-computer/413d85a7-c8ef-465a-9972-e66a84aef1c5
  9. connecting computers in home office

connecting computers in home office: Ever since MS (in its infinite wisdom -- NOT!) did away with home group under Windows 10, we cannot get our computers in our home office to consistently talk to each other so that files can be shared. We "fix" it, but in a week or so, the connection goes away. HELP!!...
  10. Remote access from home desktop to work computer

Remote access from home desktop to work computer: I am trying to use my surface laptop from home to access my work computer. Very occasionally this works properly but, 99% of the time I just get connected to a blank black screen (I can move my mouse cursor around but nothing else). Any ideas how to solve this?...