Windows 10: Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

Discus and support Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, Here is the issue - I frequently use my laptop attached to a docking as well as not. But it is a 14 inch laptop so if I am working on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nikola Angelov, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

Hi all, Here is the issue - I frequently use my laptop attached to a docking as well as not. But it is a 14 inch laptop so if I am working on the laptop alone a 125% scale is enough. However when I attach it to the docking 125% seem too small as the laptop is not as close so 150% is better.Is there a way for windows to acknowledge when the laptop is attached to a monitor/docking and change the scale?Any 3rd party apps as welcome as well.Thank you.

:)

Nikola Angelov, Aug 24, 2022
  2. EdHayes3 Win User

When un-docking laptop, Windows scaling changes to 125% but still shows 100% in settings

I have a 1920x1080 laptop display, and 2 extnernal 1920x1080 displays. When I dock, I do not use my laptop display. Scaling is set to 100% for all monitors when in use.

When I un-dock, and open my laptop display, scaling changes automatically, and visually appears 125%. I go to my display settings, and it says 100%. But when I change to 125% (which is the "recommended" setting) then back to 100%, my display then looks as it
    should.

This is quite repeatable.

• I would prefer scaling does not change when I un-dock
    • Why does does he actual scaling not match what the setting is set to?

EdHayes3, Aug 24, 2022
  3. m1xed0s Win User
    Windows 10 display scaling feature request

Hi,

Might be posting in the wrong forum...if so, please let me know the correct section for this.

I am one of the users suffering the blurry text issue with office 2016 APPs (2016 MSO 16.0.4549.1000 64BIT) under Win10 build 15063.502. Hope the fall CU will be fixing it in a more flexible way.

Couple of queries for request:

• Why can not MSFT give option to do scaling value other than 100, 125, 150...? There might be need to use 110% as scaling for per-display scaling?
    • Why can not Windows 10 save scaling settings for when connected and not-connected with external monitor and also switch automatically when detecting external monitor? For example, I want to setup laptop screen with 125% scaling and 100% scaling on
      external monitor. I also prefer 100% scaling on laptop when not connected with external monitor. So when the external monitor is connected, laptop is scaled to 125% automatically; Switch back to 100% scaling when external monitor is disconnected.
    Are these too much to ask? I think MacOS can do these for a long time...

m1xed0s, Aug 24, 2022
  4. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

How do I globally disable display auto-scaling?

Hi,

In reply to your query with disabling automatic scaling while connecting an external interface.

The scaling is adjusted with the display resolution in dots per inch (DPI) with device you connecting with your PC and its by design.

However you can set a custom scaling level.

To set a custom scaling level :

1. Type "dpiscaling" in the search area on the taskbar and select dpiscaling.

2. Change the scaling settings in the display window.

3. In the display window, you can click on set a custom scaling level option and check if it helps.

Also you can provide us your valuable suggestion in our feedback app.

Follow the steps :

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 24, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

1. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,... - Similar Threads - automatically change scale

2. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  3. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  4. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  5. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  6. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...: Hi all, Here is the issue - I frequently use my laptop attached to a docking as well as not. But it is a 14 inch laptop so if I am working on the laptop alone a 125% scale is enough. However when I attach it to the docking 125% seem too small as the laptop is not as close so...
  7. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  8. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  9. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos?: Is it possible to have a laptop/tablet combo device set to automatically switch display scaling when switching between laptop and tablet modes? For example, having scale set to 100% when in laptop mode, and 150% in tablet mode, but not having to go into setti gs to switch it...