Windows 10: Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each?

Discus and support Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 Pro. I changed the taskbar setting to custom somehow yesterday, without realizing it. This morning when I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by crysta79, Mar 28, 2020.

1. crysta79 Win User

Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each?

I have been using Windows 10 Pro. I changed the taskbar setting to custom somehow yesterday, without realizing it. This morning when I turned computer on, the taskbar was in different locations on each monitor. Seems it can be done, but I was not happy with the placements so went in to edit and there was no option for custom? Was this just a fluke, or can it be done?

:)

crysta79, Mar 28, 2020

2. After reboot on a multiple display system, the taskbar location changes from "right" to "custom" and taskbar location is different on the displays

Hello,

This is a Windows 10 x64 Pro version WinVer 1903 and was a 100% clean installation (e.g. no partitions on boot drive at time of installation).

I have a three to four monitor system. Typically it is 3 monitors with the 4th monitor going to a different system, but sometimes I use all 4 monitors.

Before rebooting, I set the taskbar location to "right." I also notice there is no "custom" option. The options are top, bottom, right, and left. I verify all taskbars on all monitors is on the right side.

After I reboot Windows, the taskbar for display 1 (also the primary) is still on the right. The taskbars on the other monitors, though, are on the bottom (e.g. default location). When I go to look at the setting for the taskbar location, I see a new option
    -- CUSTOM in the list. The list has 5 options, not 4 as there was before the reboot.

NOTE: If I change the location to right and then check the location list, the CUSTOM option no longer is there.

How do I keep the taskbar location on the right across a reboot.

Thank you.

Bertram Moshier, Mar 28, 2020
  3. taskbar

Is there a way to place the taskbar in a different location on my 2nd monitor

pamelajones7, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each?

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each?

1. Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each? - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors place

2. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  3. Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...: like in this question i'd like to know but this question is only for win 10 because i do not know how do i unlock taskbar in win 11i'd rather a quick help please...
  4. Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...: like in this question i'd like to know but this question is only for win 10 because i do not know how do i unlock taskbar in win 11i'd rather a quick help please...
  5. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors Different "Sizes": I have two 27" monitors that are are of the same physical size but of different resolutions - 1080p and 1440p. These are being run through an RTX3060Ti so max resolution supported is 7680x4320, way above what I am displaying.When I open display and set them to their native...
  6. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors Different "Sizes": I have two 27" monitors that are are of the same physical size but of different resolutions - 1080p and 1440p. These are being run through an RTX3060Ti so max resolution supported is 7680x4320, way above what I am displaying.When I open display and set them to their native...
  7. Different taskbar for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar for each Desktop: How to have a different taskbar with different set of pinned apps on each new desktop opened through a Task View (on a Single Monitor). Can it be done through some other third party app? I've been searching for this and can't find the solution. submitted by...
  8. Different taskbar for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar for each Desktop: How to have a different taskbar with different set of pinned apps on each new desktop opened through a Task View (on a Single Monitor). Can it be done through some other third party app? I've been searching for this and can't find the solution. submitted by...
  9. Modify differently each taskbar

Modify differently each taskbar: Hello, I have dual monitors and each monitor has is own taskbar. I want to keep this settings taskbar where window is open for efficiency. I want to pin some other icons on my second taskbar. Is there any possible way? Thanks.[ATTACH]...
  10. Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Different Backgrounds on each monitor: I am trying to set a different wallpaper on each monitor. However, when I right click the image to set the monitor seeing "Set for monitor 2" twice. I have two of the same model number monitors. They are ONN Monitors. Does anyone know why I am not seeing a "Set for monitor...