Windows 10: Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?

Discus and support Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Legacy Edge browser is falling apart. The share and printing features completely stopped working. Id like to remove it completely and install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mkanet, Jan 18, 2020.

1. /u/mkanet Win User

Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?

My Legacy Edge browser is falling apart. The share and printing features completely stopped working. Id like to remove it completely and install the new Chromium-based Edge (Stable). I really don't like the idea of having both browsers installed on the same machine. Especially, when one of them is broken.

Edit: I could run the below PowerShell command, however, I'm not sure what the side-effects are from doing that

Remove-AppxPackage -Package Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.449.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    submitted by /u/mkanet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mkanet, Jan 18, 2020

2. Uninstalling useless Edge Browser

Hello Microsoft Community, I'm having issues with my Edge browser and I wish to uninstall it,
    not disable it, uninstall it.

If you can suggest a way or two as to how I can do this, please leave a comment for me.

Thanks,

Nonya Robb, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Uninstalling useless Edge Browser

Edge is a part of OS hence it cannot be completely removed from the system. As some things might be dependent on Edge, using Cmdlet to uninstall it might cause more problems to you.

I would suggest following Rob's advice to change default browser and leave Edge as it is.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

No way to change the Home page in Edge web browser

Hi Larryamoore,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to set the homepage on EDGE browser

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the EDGE browser.

• Click on Settings from the drop down menu.

• Select A specific page or pages under
      open with.

• Click on the option down to the
      A specific page or pages and select Custom from the drop down menu.

• You can Enter a web address (which you want to set as home page) in the text box by clicking on
      + button.

• Close the EDGE browser and open it again for the changes to take effect.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further 2assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser? - Similar Threads - yet uninstall legacy

2. Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?

in Browsers and Email
    Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?: So I upgraded from 1903 to 2009 build 19043.906. 1903 had legacy Edge. Microsoft scrubbed all legacy Edge downloads from their site and it seems anywhere else on the internet because they want to force everyone onto Chredge. I'm already using another Chromium based browser...
  3. Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?: Doe anyone have a workaround to run Edge legacy on 20H2? I use Chromium Edge for my browsing, but for marking up PDFs Edge legacy is far superior. If they could separate the PDF reader out of old Edge and retain it as a separate app it would be perfect, that's all I want it...
  4. WhatsApp ends support for legacy Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp ends support for legacy Microsoft Edge browser: In January, Microsoft introduced the new Edge browser based on the open-source platform Chromium that also powers Google Chrome. The old Microsoft Edge is now known as legacy Edge or Edge legacy, and Microsoft said that it’s preparing to drop support for the old browser next...
  5. Microsoft Edge Legacy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Legacy: I cannot uninstall Edge Chromium, and even though I tried all the other solutions, it says "Uninstalling Microsoft Edge is disabled by your administrator." And then there is a UAC User Account Control Prompt when I try to delete it. [ATTACH] [Domain covered for Privacy]...
  6. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to […] This article How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?: How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? When Edge Chromium is also installed , I can choose between 3 browsers , when looking in the standard browsers ; IE11 , Edge Legacy ( recommended) , Edge . The point is , Edge Legacy does not function anymore , its been...
  8. How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ?: How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? When Edge Chromium is also installed , I can choose between 3 browsers , when looking in the standard browsers ; IE11 , Edge Legacy ( recommended) , Edge . The point is , Edge Legacy does not function anymore , its been...
  9. edge browser affected by uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    edge browser affected by uninstalling apps: The edge browser works great! then a few apps like "my office," Avast," ect, are uninstalled. Microsoft edge now will not load in a timely manner. The edge browser has been reset and continues to lag. This is a specific issue which continues to occur when uninstalling these...
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall legacy edge

2. uninstall edge legacy

3. uninstall legacy edge browser

4. how to uninstall edge legacy,
  5. Legacy Edge uninstall,
  6. uninstall legacy edge#,
  7. uninstall legacy edgee,
  8. do i need to uninstall legacy edge,