Windows 10: Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

Discus and support Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]My hiberfiles sys is a bit on the large side now. I did asking around about how to clean it or just manage it but people i asked either dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnnulledBaton94, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive? e9726002-cb60-4512-b99f-dbad31afdc84?upload=true.png My hiberfiles sys is a bit on the large side now. I did asking around about how to clean it or just manage it but people i asked either dont know or cant give me a straight answer. is there a way to clean it or just manage it or does windows do it automatically?

:)

AnnulledBaton94, Feb 13, 2020
  2. makwy2 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Howdy,

So I have a 60gb SSD with Windows 7 and Office on it (all specs are listed <--- under my username). I have a 12gb pagefile and a 9gb hiberfil, is it possible to delete those or make it so that hiberfil at the very least is no longer created? I just want a little free space on there for future use.

Thoughts?

makwy2, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Pagefile size depends on RAM, just find optimal value and stick to that.

If you use SSD and want more free space then disable System Restore. It is far more efficient than disabling hiberfil

After disabling hibernation hiberfil.sys gets deleted automatically.

Drone, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)

Hi Nezar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

File igdkmd64.sys is the Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver for Microsoft Windows 8.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

1. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive? - Similar Threads - wayto manage hiberfile

2. Download to hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download to hardrive: Hi everyone! So I have this PC and I mainly got it to play games and it is a gaming computer passed down. So I tried downloading epic games for Fortnite and the epic games launcher downloaded but had no room for Fortnite. So I bought and external hard drive and it shows up on...
  3. Download to hardrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download to hardrive: Hi everyone! So I have this PC and I mainly got it to play games and it is a gaming computer passed down. So I tried downloading epic games for Fortnite and the epic games launcher downloaded but had no room for Fortnite. So I bought and external hard drive and it shows up on...
  4. External Hardrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive: How do i access my external HARDRIVE on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hardrive/216895a8-343c-4b49-93f2-d71f988de2a4
  5. Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?: I was told to disable these because I have an SSD for Windows. Is that still a recommended practice? I'm getting mixed (and old) opinions when I Google it. submitted by /u/Sympatoo [link] [comments]...
  6. eject hardrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    eject hardrive: Hard drive constantly says in use? I am not using anything else, so cannot eject it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eject-hardrive/196ee349-7434-4235-8fb0-126a7370d2bd
  7. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?: Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in regards to this, only if it was safe to delete them. Thanks if you reply!...
  8. How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil

How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil: Hello, I'm on an HP Zbook mobile workstation with 1To of harddrive and 64Go of RAM win 10 pro. I just noticed today that my pagefil.sys is 67108864 Ko and my hiberfil.sis is 66985172 Ko. Both make already 127Go which is very big. I would like to know if : 1- I can delete...
  9. Missing hardrive?

Missing hardrive?: I an SSD and 1 TB Hardrive. I've been looking all over on youtube on a fix to find my missing hard drive and I have yet to find a youtube video that works. It did show up this morning after I updated my Windows 10 but now it's gone this afternoon. Does anyone have a fix to...
  10. Hardrive wipe

Hardrive wipe: Is there any way to wipe a hardrive excluding the os and specific files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardrive-wipe/2af24fc0-4bd3-4edd-9d12-952244c24c1b"