Windows 10: Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

Discus and support Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SweetTasha, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I have the following file structure.: FOLDER file1 file2Say I want to append Phil to the names, like PhilFile1 PhilFile2I'd settle for a 3rd-party program if no Windows program is available.Running Windows 10.TIA for you suggestions.SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...defender/e994f94f-92d5-4d44-9721-79c2a686ce24

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. - Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Oct 24, 2021
  3. mic1217 Win User
    3rd party AV program

I'm trying to turn-on Windows Defender and I receive a message to uninstall 3rd party AV program. How do I identify the 3rd party AV program
    installed?

mic1217, Oct 24, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?)

If you simply launch Notepad, rt click on the taskbar icon, you should see a jump list.

Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

1. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames - Similar Threads - 3rd party program

2. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  3. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  4. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames: I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I have the following file structure.: FOLDER file1 file2Say I want to append Phil to the names, like PhilFile1 PhilFile2I'd...
  5. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames: I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I have the following file structure.: FOLDER file1 file2Say I want to append Phil to the names, like PhilFile1 PhilFile2I'd...
  6. Make an Explorer setting apply to 3rd party programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Make an Explorer setting apply to 3rd party programs: In x32Win10ProV21H1, I have Explorer set, so that when THIS PC opens with entries sorted by TYPE, the 'Folders' and the 'Network Locations' categories are collapsed. When I open the SaveAs option in MSOffice, that arrangement holds, but if in 3rd party programs, they are NOT...
  7. Make an Explorer setting apply to 3rd party programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make an Explorer setting apply to 3rd party programs: In x32Win10ProV21H1, I have Explorer set, so that when THIS PC opens with entries sorted by TYPE, the 'Folders' and the 'Network Locations' categories are collapsed. When I open the SaveAs option in MSOffice, that arrangement holds, but if in 3rd party programs, they are NOT...
  8. Make a bootable USB drive (Without Rufus or any 3rd party program)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make a bootable USB drive (Without Rufus or any 3rd party program): Hi, I want to make a bootable USB drive for windows 10 installation, may I know how to do it without Rufus or any 3rd party software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-a-bootable-usb-drive-without-rufus-or-any-3rd/ec16bce6-ba6d-43bf-a1c7-e865d07cea34
  9. 3rd party program install setup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party program install setup issues: Hello. I have been trying to install an update for a program I use on Windows 10. It's a mod organizer for a game, if that matter, but I don't think it does. For the previous two versions of the program, the update has not been an issue, but the current version does not...
  10. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...