Windows 10: Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

Discus and support Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My old graphic card was acting up, so I went to change it out and I hit the edge of the case and something on the motherboard and it shorted or blink... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bb deelishus, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

My old graphic card was acting up, so I went to change it out and I hit the edge of the case and something on the motherboard and it shorted or blink ed for a second. Anyhow, I have two dual monitors one uses DVI and the other is VGA. Somehow I shorted out the VGA plug. I changed back to the old card and luckily I use an HDMI. Everything is set up and I noticed my sound is gone, the drivers are gone. When I read others users have a similar problem they all still seem to have their icons and the speaker icon inside of the sound panel. I have read as much as possible and can't believe there doesn't seem to be a work around on this. By using my HDMI plug not only do I forfeit my jacks for my earbuds. Everything was uninstalled and had nvidia drivers in place.

I would rather have buds and access to the jacks than go through a USB for sound tthat doesn't sound that great. Someoone help with a remedy.

Thanks

Mike

:)

bb deelishus, Jul 4, 2020

2. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem? [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Jul 4, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Front audio jack

Hi Abhinav

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Sound, Game and Video Controllers section

Do you see Realtek HD Audio listed there and if so, does it have an exclamation mark beside it?

Do you have any Audio working on your PC at all, or is it just the front Audio jack not working?

What type (make and model) of device are you connecting to that front audio jack?

DaveM121, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

Front panel jack doesn't detect Headphones

Hi,

In the previous versions of Windows, this feature is auto detected. To better assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different headphones to the front panel jack?
    • Did the PC detect the headphones when it was connected at the back panel jack?
    • Did you encounter an error message, when the headphones are connected to front panel jack?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Robert Caw, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

1. Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem? - Similar Threads - workaround HDMI Front

2. front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    front 3.5 Jack not enableing mic input: hey, so ive just about lost the plot today with msi and there terrible software and incorrect drivers for the chipsets/ right so i when following the set guide installing msi drivers for my device i got no mic from any of my headphone well other than the once that don't...
  3. Front jack on my pc is not working.

Front jack on my pc is not working.: My headphones jack on the front pannel doesnt work. I tried updating my drivers, but they are all up to date. I went troughout the whole internet looking for a solution. The back jacks work but the front doesn't work. Please help me. Thanks....
  4. Sound issue with front audio jack

Sound issue with front audio jack: I have two computers. Both on windows 10 1903. If I plug in headphones I have sound. If I unplug them I get sound from the internal speaker. If I plug the headphones in later, I cannot get any sound to come out from the headphones, only the internal speaker. In order to get...
  5. No sound from front or back audio jacks

No sound from front or back audio jacks: Hi, Recently I got myself a bluetooth adapter so I stopped using my headphones for a few days. Now today when I plugged my headphones in, the windows or ubuntu don't recognize any speakers connected. I installed the realtek drivers from motherboard website and also tried BIOS...
  6. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8
  7. Front panel audio jack problems in windows 10

Front panel audio jack problems in windows 10: @THIS MAY BREAK YOUR COMPUTER@ @THIS TIP MAY RUIN YOUR DRIVERS@ @PLEASE DON'T TRY IF DON'T KNOW WHAT U R DOING AS IT MAY CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR COMPUTER@ so my front panel audio jack after win10 update was not working i tried all the solutions listed in a thread answered...
  8. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...
  9. HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5

HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5: The audio jack is plug into the motherboard? Please advise and reply. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-vga-audio-jack-35/02da186c-8be9-4fc8-814d-1e63e9e7e0f8
  10. 3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??

3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??: Yesterday my speakers were working fine. Today i just turned on my PC and noticed a x symbol on the volume button down in the taskbar. I clicked to troubleshoot it, but there was no option to troubleshoot the front panel, only the rear panel ones. I tried unplugging and...