Windows 10: Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

Discus and support Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My old graphic card was acting up, so I went to change it out and I hit the edge of the case and something on the motherboard and it shorted or blink... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bb deelishus, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

My old graphic card was acting up, so I went to change it out and I hit the edge of the case and something on the motherboard and it shorted or blink ed for a second. Anyhow, I have two dual monitors one uses DVI and the other is VGA. Somehow I shorted out the VGA plug. I changed back to the old card and luckily I use an HDMI. Everything is set up and I noticed my sound is gone, the drivers are gone. When I read others users have a similar problem they all still seem to have their icons and the speaker icon inside of the sound panel. I have read as much as possible and can't believe there doesn't seem to be a work around on this. By using my HDMI plug not only do I forfeit my jacks for my earbuds. Everything was uninstalled and had nvidia drivers in place.

I would rather have buds and access to the jacks than go through a USB for sound tthat doesn't sound that great. Someoone help with a remedy.

Thanks

Mike

:)

bb deelishus, Jul 4, 2020

2. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem? [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Jul 4, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Front audio jack

Hi Abhinav

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Sound, Game and Video Controllers section

Do you see Realtek HD Audio listed there and if so, does it have an exclamation mark beside it?

Do you have any Audio working on your PC at all, or is it just the front Audio jack not working?

What type (make and model) of device are you connecting to that front audio jack?

DaveM121, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

Front panel jack doesn't detect Headphones

Hi,

In the previous versions of Windows, this feature is auto detected. To better assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different headphones to the front panel jack?
    • Did the PC detect the headphones when it was connected at the back panel jack?
    • Did you encounter an error message, when the headphones are connected to front panel jack?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Robert Caw, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem?

1. Is there a workaround for HDMI/ Front Jack problem? - Similar Threads - workaround HDMI Front

2. how to fix front audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix front audio jack: How to fix audio jack problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-front-audio-jack/7fa9aba6-e15a-4bf4-b53f-a0f86c37babd
  3. Front 3.5 jack refuses to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front 3.5 jack refuses to work: Front 3.5 jack refuses to work after startup after I reinstalled the system. It does begin working after a reboot though. Not sure what causes it, probably an issue with drivers? I installed Realtek Audio drivers because I did not like the fact that I had to switch between...
  4. Front 3.5 jack refuses to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Front 3.5 jack refuses to work: Front 3.5 jack refuses to work after startup after I reinstalled the system. It does begin working after a reboot though. Not sure what causes it, probably an issue with drivers? I installed Realtek Audio drivers because I did not like the fact that I had to switch between...
  5. Front Audio Jack not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front Audio Jack not working: after installing window 10 to my hp prodesk 600 G1 SFF, front audio jacks are not working for any of my headphones. tried installing drivers from HP site and also from realtek site but no luck. if anyone have the solution then please let me know...
  6. Front audio jacks not working

Front audio jacks not working: Hello, I'm user of Windows 10 OS and i have problems with front audio jacks. I know it is pretty common problem that is asked, but all the tutorials and every solution i found on forums didn't work. Since they all require Realtek. It is not that I do not like Realtek but...
  7. CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection: [ATTACH] I've been wrestling with this **** all day and I'm very frustrated, to say the least. I've never had much of a problem with Windows 10 and I tend to like it, for the most part... But, now that Realtek's decided to stop ******* supporting its HD Audio Manager and...
  8. Front Panel Jack not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  9. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8
  10. Front panel audio jack problems in windows 10

Front panel audio jack problems in windows 10: @THIS MAY BREAK YOUR COMPUTER@ @THIS TIP MAY RUIN YOUR DRIVERS@ @PLEASE DON'T TRY IF DON'T KNOW WHAT U R DOING AS IT MAY CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR COMPUTER@ so my front panel audio jack after win10 update was not working i tried all the solutions listed in a thread answered...