Windows 10: Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet?

Discus and support Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a teclast x98 air II recently updated to windows 10. I have limited space and bought a 64gig micro sd thinking that windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ilanvfs, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ilanvfs Win User

Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet?

Hello everyone,

I have a teclast x98 air II recently updated to windows 10. I have limited space and bought a 64gig micro sd thinking that windows could install apps directly on to it. Apparently this feature is disabled and postponed. Is there a workaround or any other way of manually installing apps to an SD on windows 10?

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

:)

ilanvfs, Oct 4, 2015

2. Is there a workaround or fix for the problem that exists in win 10 with Hey Cortana in conflict with power saving setting?

Hello,

There are several possible reasons why you experience issues with Hey Cortana on your Windows 10. For us to identify and isolate this issue better, kindly try the following methods:

Method 1:

Run the Power troubleshooter and check the issue status. Refer to these steps:

• Click on Search of taskbar.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • In the new windows click View all on the left pane.
    • Select “Power” option.
    If the issue persists, proceed to method 2.

Method 2:

Perform a Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10

You can visit this article to know more details about it.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 4, 2015
  3. OGRick Win User
    Is there a workaround or fix for the problem that exists in win 10 with Hey Cortana in conflict with power saving setting?

Is there a workaround or fix for the problem that exists in win 10 with Hey Cortana in conflict with power saving setting? I like to use Hey Cortana but when this feature is activated it blocks the settings for sleep and or hibernate. Powercfg shows
    that Cortana is using mic and gives the following under active requests: SYSTEM: {DRIVER] USB Audio Device (USB) VidB58&PID_F585&MI_00\9833445e0e&18000 An audio stream is in use.

OGRick, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet? - Similar Threads - workaround greyed save

2. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  3. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  4. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  5. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  6. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  7. Save greyed out on pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save greyed out on pictures: I save a lot of pictures from Twitter. I download them and then edit them before they go on my Pinterest page. I've been doing it for years. Today, when I edit the pictures the "save" is greyed out and only "save as" is available. If I drag the picture to my desktop it...
  8. Yet Another WiFi Greyed Out Button (YAWGOB)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yet Another WiFi Greyed Out Button (YAWGOB): Good day everyone, After Running Windows 10 for over two years and escaping the dreaded WiFi broken/Won't turn on issue that so many others have experienced, I can no longer consider myself lucky. My immunity has run out and I now have this issue on my Windows 10 laptop...
  9. Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out

Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out: Finally got Store(Beta) working on version 10158. However when I try to move the apps to other partition the menu is greyed out. 7642
  10. New apps will save to: Greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    New apps will save to: Greyed out: For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset windows to a fresh install, reformatted the drive. Rebooted a ton of times and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? [img]...