Windows 10: Is there an API to collect "Windows Update History" Informations?

Discus and support Is there an API to collect "Windows Update History" Informations? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to poll all AD Systems to get the Build Number. This Build i want to match which the latest Patchday Updates. So for example: May 2019. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ksremo, Jan 22, 2021.

1. ksremo Win User

Is there an API to collect "Windows Update History" Informations?

I want to poll all AD Systems to get the Build Number. This Build i want to match which the latest Patchday Updates.

So for example: May 2019.

For older Systems its not possible so i need to enumerate all installed "kb-updates".

So i need the Information available in "WIndows Update History" Pages.

Is there a way to automatically collect these?

:)

ksremo, Jan 22, 2021

2. Where is the information on windows updates?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Follow the steps to go to Windows Update History.

• View Windows update history:

• Type view windows update history

• Advanced options

• View update history

If you want more information then he can copy the KB number and check the full definition about the update using Bing.

Do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 22, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Mr Ed Win User

Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. Is there an API to collect "Windows Update History" Informations? :)

Mr Ed, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there an API to collect "Windows Update History" Informations? - Similar Threads - API collect Update

2. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information: Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is...
  3. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information: Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is...
  4. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  6. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  7. System Information App Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information App Can't Collect Information: Whenever I try to open the System Information app in Windows 10 21H1, it shows that it can't collect information about my PC. Why does it happen and how do I fix this?Note: I am a standard user....
  8. Collecting Windows API or DLL logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Collecting Windows API or DLL logs: Hello, In order to detect malicious behavior, I am interested in monitoring calls to some Windows base functions also calls Windows API sometimes or DLLs. So I was wondering if someone could help us on this question ? I am able to find logs related to .exe or process but...
  9. Windows notification information or history?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows notification information or history?: So I got a notification just recently about a driver setting error which Windows sent me a notification about telling me it thinks it fixed it and to restart my computer. Ok. What driver? What setting? What was the problem? What did Windows do that it thinks solved this...
  10. System Information Can't collect information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information Can't collect information: Hello, I am getting this error( photo attached below) whenever I try to open system information. someone plz help me Fixes I have tried- Reset WMI Windows update Updating drivers Someone please help me with this issue[ATTACH]...