Windows 10: Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme?

Discus and support Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just want Windows 10 to load a new theme each day or every time I log on, peferably one of the many I created myself. submitted by /u/ovalseven... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ovalseven, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme?

I just want Windows 10 to load a new theme each day or every time I log on, peferably one of the many I created myself.

submitted by /u/ovalseven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ovalseven, Aug 12, 2020
  2. x509 Win User

Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of tasks were scheduled for these older versions of Windows. *Eek
    • Will these tasks still run OK on my Win 10 Pro 64 system?
    • Do I need to reconfigure these tasks for Win 10?
    • Is there some automatic tool or way to easily edit the registry to do this reconfiguration?

3. Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme?

App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours.

The app runs properly when I launch it manually. I created a task in Task Scheduler to do this automatically every two hours and, when I manually run the task within Task Scheduler, it also runs properly. However, it will not run on on its own on a schedule.
    Task Scheduler fails to launch it.

On a different computer, another app is able to launch it when that app is launched but, again, Task Scheduler fails to launch it on a schedule.

The task is configured in Task Scheduler as follows:

GENERAL

• When running the task, use the following user account: it's my own account, and I am an Administrator on the computer
    • Run only when user is logged on
    • Run with highest privileges
    • Configure for Windows 10
    TRIGGERS

• Trigger: At task creation/modification
    • Repeat every 2 hours for a duration of indefinitely
    • Enabled
    ACTIONS

• Start a program "path...\SysTimeUpdate.exe" min ('min' being an argument)
    CONDITIONS

• none - no conditions
    SETTINGS

• Allow task to be run on demand
    • Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed
    • Stop the task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    • If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop
    • If the task is already running, then the following rule applies - Stop the existing instance

Someone suggested that my Administrator account may not have full privileges, and it may be a permissions issue but, if so, why can I launch it manually and why can another app launch it when that app is launched but Task Scheduler cannot? This very very
    baffling, and any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Samurai7388, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme?

1. Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme? - Similar Threads - app configure Task

2. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?: Since Microsoft Doesn't provide us with auto dark and light theme. I'd show you how to schedule dark & light mode. It has to be done via Task Scheduler only. Open Start menu, then goto All Apps > Windows Administrative Tool > Computer Management Go to task scheduler...
  3. How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler: I tried making a script in task scheduler that would automatically change my wallpaper. Here is the script which i saved as a .vbs file for task scheduler to run: dim shell Set shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") wallpaper = "C:\path\to\wallpaper.jpg"...
  4. Task Scheduler Configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Configuration: I've had a problem with my computer rebooting instead of Sleeping. In an effort to fix the issue, I noticed that the Task Scheduler is configured for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008. When I try to change the configuration to Windows 10, an Username/Password pop-up...
  5. How can I schedule themes to change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I schedule themes to change?: Yes, I've seen online where people change the theme from default Light to default Dark, but I want to schedule the change of my own created themes, whether they are light or dark. If possible, I would like to do it using Windows Task Scheduler or some script, and not download...
  6. Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.: Hi I am creating windows task scheduler using windows forms app in c# and library i used is Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler. Task is getting created successfully and account to execute this task is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. But, task does not run automatically at scheduled...
  7. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool: So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in...
  8. Task scheduler "configure for" option

Task scheduler "configure for" option: As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are cofigured for like windows server 2008 and stuff like that, while there is, in each of those tasks, an option labeled precisely...
  9. Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app?: I have a question about running SyncToy. I have five jobs set to synchronize from folders on a 1Tb internal drive to folders on a 6Tb (3/3) external drive. I am in the process of running the jobs for the first time, & will then schedule them to run every night. I am concerned...
  10. How can i disable task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i disable task scheduler?: I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but after a restart my taskbar is crippled does anyone know how to successfully turn it off? 75739