Windows 10: Is there an app that time limits/warns of usage of a game/website?

Discus and support Is there an app that time limits/warns of usage of a game/website? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's for myself. I did a quick google search, but all I find is parental control settings. It's gonna be for myself. I would like to know how many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blgram, Aug 29, 2020.

1. /u/blgram Win User

Is there an app that time limits/warns of usage of a game/website?

It's for myself. I did a quick google search, but all I find is parental control settings. It's gonna be for myself. I would like to know how many hours I play the game. For example if I exceed 1 hour of playing a game, I'd like to get a warning or the software should close. I'm also need that for websites. I want to put time limits for certain website such as twitter.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/blgram
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blgram, Aug 29, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

GPO's for limiting time usage for media

Hi Daryl,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about limiting time usage for media.

There's no usage for that on the GPO or Group Policy. If your concern is about your child's spending a lot of time using apps and games on different devices, you can enforce screen time limits to promote a healthier and safer lifestyle through your Microsoft
    account. You may check this link on how to setup Family account and limits for each member for each app.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-limit-app-an...

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

WiIfred P, Aug 29, 2020
  3. nms25 Win User
    "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game (Kerbal Space Program) to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts.

But when I go to "App and Game Limits" at family.microsoft.com for the local user accounts I have set up, the main account I want to limit (call it the "games account") does not include *any* apps as options to limit -- there is no "installed apps" list
    at all to choose from. It just says

App and game limits

Too much time spent watching videos or playing games? Set limits on their apps and games to help them stay focused and get a healthy balance of screen time throughout the day.

On

Limits will apply to

LAPTOP-[computer name of my laptop]

Help with Microsoft family features
    -------------------------------------------------

Etc. Turning "Time limits" to "on" or "off" makes no difference. Still no list of apps to limit in any case. The other children's accounts have an "installed apps" list and certain apps appear on it, but Kerbal Space Program does not appear on the
    list for those accounts either. If this was an ordinary windows function there would be a "browse" option and I could just select the .exe file on the HDD and identify the app that way if nothing else worked, like when windows can't automatically find your
    printer driver--- but I can't find any function like that. It just seems to be something that either works or doesn't with no way to look under the hood, or am I missing something?

All accounts I am trying to limit are children's non-administrator local user accounts on the laptop in question. In each case I created a microsoft account to go along with the user account. In each case MS family controls for the account recognize the
    Acer laptop's computer name and say "limits will apply to" that laptop. In each case the MS Family internet monitoring/blocking functions in MS Edge seem to be working for the accounts.

On the "games account" I mentioned above, I have started the Kerbal Space Program account every different way I can, from start menu, clicking on the executable in folder, from pinned task bar, from desktop shortcut icon etc to try to get the computer to
    recognize it as an app that I should be able to control in MS Family. When I type the program into search from the task bar it is recognized as "Kerbal Space Program - App," but I can't do anything to get it to show up on an MS Family list so that I can
    limit it.

For comparison, another app we play, Universe Sandbox, appears in the list of "installed apps" for other accounts on the computer, but does not appear anywhere for the "games" account even though we regularly use that program with that account.

Any help appreciated.

nms25, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Is there an app that time limits/warns of usage of a game/website?

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Is there an app that time limits/warns of usage of a game/website?

1. Is there an app that time limits/warns of usage of a game/website? - Similar Threads - app limits warns

2. Screen Time - time limit warning -- can we get rid of the pop up but keep time limits?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time - time limit warning -- can we get rid of the pop up but keep time limits?: Is there a way to remove the 15 minute time limit pop up when my son is running out of screen time on his device?Basically, he is able to ask his parents for more time but the popup is interfering with what he is doing on the computer.What we want is to have notifications...
  3. Time limit youtube website

Time limit youtube website: Hi We have Windows 10 laptops and use Edge. We use family settings to limit overall time etc. without problem. I don't want to time-limit Edge as it is useful for the children's school work, but I want to limit access to e.g. youtube.com not the app; the website. How...
  4. App Network Usage Limited to 10%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App Network Usage Limited to 10%: So I have a pretty new computer and fairly good internet, both rated at 1000Mbps and using ethernet, but when trying to download games, the task manager says it's near 10% or about 95 Mbps. How do I allow the app, Steam, to use more of that and download faster. Steam's CPU...
  5. Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid

Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid: so I am trying to set app limit from 1PM to 12AM but it kept saying "choose a valid time frame", how do I setup to only use the app between 1pm until midnight? It only allow me set from 9:30 or earlier to 12AM, any other time will says it's to choose valid time frame....
  6. Screen time/app limits

Screen time/app limits: I have never set up app/screen time limits, suddenly I am being asked to give myself permission to use Chrome despite not having enabled this setting in my family group. Obviously I can give myself permission but it seems strange that this suddenly became an issue. Has...
  7. screen and app time limits

screen and app time limits: I keep getting a notification that I need a parent's I am the parentpermission for more time on Chrome but I have no time limits set on any device on my account. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. "Google Chrome Time's Up" - App & Game Limits are not turned on. ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Google Chrome Time's Up" - App & Game Limits are not turned on. ???: My middle school son has his own PC and he uses Google Classroom to complete homework while schools are closed. This morning, he received a warning that his time was up and that he needed to ask a parent for additional time. I received a notification, and it added 3 hours...
  9. App and game limits

App and game limits: Hello. I have set 4 hours maximum for the Fornite app on my son´s PC. But this rule is clearly not being applied, as shown by the attached activity screenshot. Any idea what the issue might be? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  10. Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]

Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]: Hello All, The norm seems to be 2 hrs per day. Dividing that up into YouTube, XBox and some approved online sites leaves little time for each. Our 10 yo is allowed online only after all his homework is complete, sports practice, chores and any family plans are completed. He...