Windows 10: Is there an app that’ll disable / remove a lot of the inbuilt windows 10 bloat ware?

Discus and support Is there an app that’ll disable / remove a lot of the inbuilt windows 10 bloat ware? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m not tech savvy, is there an app that’ll allow me to delete all the junk I don’t care about on windows 10? Cortana, one drive etc submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChubbyNunu, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Is there an app that’ll disable / remove a lot of the inbuilt windows 10 bloat ware?

I’m not tech savvy, is there an app that’ll allow me to delete all the junk I don’t care about on windows 10? Cortana, one drive etc

submitted by /u/ChubbyNunu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChubbyNunu, Apr 25, 2023

2. INBUILT APPS NOT WORKING INCLUDING STORE.

Hello Pawan,

As you are unable to access inbuilt apps, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Do let us know if the issue persists with test user account (Local account) as well?

Method 1: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 2: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 25, 2023
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 25, 2023
  4. Is there an app that’ll disable / remove a lot of the inbuilt windows 10 bloat ware?

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Apr 25, 2023
Thema:

Is there an app that’ll disable / remove a lot of the inbuilt windows 10 bloat ware?

1. Is there an app that’ll disable / remove a lot of the inbuilt windows 10 bloat ware? - Similar Threads - app that’ll disable

2. How to remove Media Creation Tool spyware /bloat ware from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Media Creation Tool spyware /bloat ware from Windows 7: I downloaded it to create a USB boot for a friend but come to think of it I really do no trust it , Since i did that my computer has been acting weird. We all know windows 10 itself is weird and this creation tool has some weird stuff in it. How can i remove traces? i did...
  3. Remove inbuilt Microsoft Edge.

Remove inbuilt Microsoft Edge.: I got a recent update in which the new chromium Edge is now a system application. Any way to remove that ? Any way.. using a tool or a powershell command? submitted by /u/7K_K7 [link] [comments]...
  4. remove bloat apps from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove bloat apps from Windows 10 Pro: Windows 10 Pro seems to come configured with a whole load of bloat. Things like Netflix, Dropbox free trials, etc. When I login I can uninstall the apps . When I create a new user on the computer all the apps and icons reinstalled again for Netflix, etc. How do I get rid of...
  5. Windows 10 VM Ware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 VM Ware: So i have a macbook wait around 120GB available. I was just wondering how much storage i would need to run a Windows 10 VM Ware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vm-ware/afd8c590-0d80-4643-a532-37691f6fd6ef
  6. Best way to remove lots of bloat from a new Asus laptop?

Best way to remove lots of bloat from a new Asus laptop?: I just bought an Asus laptop, and was wondering what the latest and best app would be to remove the preinstalled bloat in the laptop. I remember there was an app called de-crapifier or something like that. Is it any good, or is there a better one? submitted by /u/seamew...
  7. inbuilt connect app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inbuilt connect app: the connect is not working properly, at times it says miracast is not supported by my system, sometimes it says i can connect but doesn't works at all, it just buffers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbuilt-connect-app/966f015b-6ac7-4922-bb3d-357701586e61
  8. Is there an updated guide for how to disable telemetry and remove bloat

Is there an updated guide for how to disable telemetry and remove bloat: The eol for win 7 finally made me get win 10 earlier this week. There was a lot of hullabaloo about privacy and the like when win 10 was new and my cursory searches turn up a lot of guides about messing with registry in various ways to improve upon the OS. Most of them are...
  9. Regarding Windows 10 inbuilt apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Regarding Windows 10 inbuilt apps: Hi As we are experiencing issue while opening Windows 10 Store. It doesn`t open at all and also associated apps also doesn`t open. Please help. Thanx IT Helpdesk...
  10. windows bloat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows bloat: Why does windows 10 use so much disk space after installing, is there any plans to reduce this back to the sub 1gb size of yesteryear? the new win 10 update 1903 is said to block an extra 7gb on install on top of it's install size! My last install (1803) was over 16gb, so...