Windows 10: Is There An "Aspect Ratio" Detail Column In Windows Explorer?

Discus and support Is There An "Aspect Ratio" Detail Column In Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, so I've been using a certain method to edit images so they can match an exact aspect ratio (for my screen monitor) to be displayed as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Mar 9, 2021.

1. pepanee Win User

Is There An "Aspect Ratio" Detail Column In Windows Explorer?

Hello, so I've been using a certain method to edit images so they can match an exact aspect ratio (for my screen monitor) to be displayed as my wallpaper slideshow:

Is There An "Aspect Ratio" Detail Column In Windows Explorer? [​IMG]

As you can see, I have the "Dimensions" detail column to match up with the dimensions of what I need to edit the images to. Yet after editing many images, I want to make a quick look-through in an "Aspect Ratio" column, to make sure that all the edited images will match a "16:9" aspect ratio ( Aspect ratio calculator to get aspect ratio for your images or videos ). If you try to calculate these numbers at that site:

then you will get that same "16:9" result.
    So I would love to have a column that shows that simplified ratio in a column next to the Dimensions column.
    I drew a rough draft of what that column would look like in Windows Explorer:

Notice how I calculated the Aspect Ratio on the right side of the Dimensions for certain images? See how that last two that I typed show "8:5"? That is because if you simplify those dimensions using that calculator (the website link that I posted above), then you will get that aspect ratio. This "Aspect Ratio" column will help me notice which images I processed, which ones I didn't, AND which ones that I may have messed up editing. A messed up edit would be an image with dimensions of:
    1920 x 1081, which is an image with an aspect ratio of: ...1920 x 1081! It is obviously a number that will stand out, and I will notice it, so I would re-edit that image to the correct the dimensions (hence aspect ratio) that I need.

So, does Windows Explorer have anything like this?
    (and please, I only want to know if Windows Explorer has something like this. I do not want to use any 3rd party application.)
    (Also I am aware of the application "Dimensions 2 Folders". It is a very useful application and definitely checks every image in a folder to tell if there's a wrong aspect ratio, but I barely run that application, and run it once in a while in my wallpaper folder [currently has over seventeen thousand images], to make sure that every single image has the 16:9 aspect ratio. Yet the "Aspect Ratio" column in Windows Explorer is much more convenient.)

Thanks for all the help! Much appreciated!

:)

pepanee, Mar 9, 2021

2. How to change monitor aspect ratio without centering screen

Hi Ashakil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, make sure you are logged in as admin. After that please follow the steps below and check the aspect ratio.

• Right click on Desktop.

• Click on Personalize.

• Advanced display settings,

• Display Adapter properties

• Monitor>scaling>Change Aspect Ratio.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Change monitor aspect ratio

The aspect ratio of your monitor is fixed and can't be changed, because it depends on the arrangement of the pixels on the screen.

When you display an image on your monitor whose aspect ratio is different from the aspect ratio of your monitor, what you'll see depends on how different the aspect ratios are. Usually, you see black bars on the top and the bottom of the screen, or on the
    left and the right, a familiar appearance known as 'letterboxing.'

SnS (Unrepentant Advisor), Mar 9, 2021
  4. SCOTTede Win User

ASPECT RATIO

UPGRADED to 10. now my aspect ratio on my monitor is stretched thin left to right. Dont feel I should change my aspect ratio on my monitor because its the same monitor I ve had for win 7. But I tried and went back because it leaves 2 black spaces on each
    side of my monitor.. Help.!

SCOTTede, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Is There An "Aspect Ratio" Detail Column In Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - Aspect Ratio Detail

2. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  3. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  4. Paint aspect ratio

Paint aspect ratio: Paint "preserve aspect ratio" not available in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-aspect-ratio/bdfab8c8-43d9-4d40-8d62-db4f245e8178
  5. Monitor Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  6. Monitor Aspect Ratio

Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  7. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  8. Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  9. Aspect ratio error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Aspect ratio error: Hi, so I was going to go onto my computer?, but this has happened to me. I’ve updated every little thing, drivers, tried a different cable, switch my tv settings, switch my graphics control settings, nothing I tried has worked. Can someone help?...
  10. Aspect Ratio (Windows10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aspect Ratio (Windows10): It seems that my screen is too wide for the display to not be distorted. I want to know if I can change the aspect ratio to accommodate the width of the monitor. I have already tried all the choices for resolution settings, and they are not really the problem....