Windows 10: Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive

Discus and support Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 questions for clarification: I have a Windows 10 computer and save all files to my computer. Is there a way to automatically save my file on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael_Klein, May 29, 2019.

1. Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive

I have 2 questions for clarification:

I have a Windows 10 computer and save all files to my computer. Is there a way to automatically save my file on my computer and it syncs to my OneDrive acct?

#2: I read an article about getting an old version of a file on OneDrive and restore it to my computer. I want to make certain I can open on OneDrive an older version of a file and restore it to my computer. Along with that, does the 'old versions' go back to the original time I saved it to the Cloud? In other words, if I had OneDrive for 3 years and a particular file I use daily is saved on my computer and is synced to OneDrive/Cloud, I can see on the Cloud 3 years of that saved file.

:)

Michael_Klein, May 29, 2019

2. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, May 29, 2019
  3. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

If i am clear with your description, you want to unlink Onedrive from where is synced rigth now and start a syncrhonization in the following path C:\Users\jjcla\Documents is that correct?

Then after you follow my suggestion you can achieve it, and also can choose the files you want to sync following this steps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose...

Neftali Ramirez, May 29, 2019
  4. Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive

Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 -- Documents folder in MyPC replaced by OneDrive docs

Hi Yvonne,

There are many possible reasons why the Documents folder was replaced by your OneDrive files. One of these is due to the default saving settings and location configured on your device. For us to properly isolate the case, supply more information by answering
    these questions:

• Aside from installing the Creators Update, have you made any software or hardware changes to your computer prior to this happening?
    • Is the issue confined to one account?
    • Are you signed in to your OneDrive desktop application when this occurred?
    • What steps have you taken to rectify the concern?

In Windows 10, users have the privilege to sync either all of the OneDrive files or just some folders to the device he/she is using. Another good feature is that you can choose to opt out syncing the OneDrive documents to prevent messing up with your original
    Documents folder. To do so, follow these instructions:

• Using Windows Search, type File Explorer.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • If you're automatically signed in to OneDrive, you can choose which folders to sync. To do this, right-click on OneDrive located in the File Explorer's left pane.
    • Choose "OneDrive folders to sync". You'll be given with the option to check or uncheck the folders that you want to sync or connect with the device you're using.
    • Mark all that apply.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive

1. Is there an Automatic syncing from my documents folder on computer to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Automatic syncing documents

2. Onedrive documents syncing with my sons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive documents syncing with my sons: How do I stop my files on onedrive displaying in my sons onedrive account? I have created 3 accounts, one for each of my boys and then mine. Only one of them has full access to my files, I have already checked for syncing and sharing on my account and I am not sharing with...
  3. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  4. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  5. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all when...
  7. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all when...
  8. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive: I recently reinstalled Windows and installed OneDrive, but did not launch it until yesterday. When I did I noticed that a large number of files were uploading - these were saved games, config files etc. from games saved in my Documents folder. As far as I have been able to...
  10. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will onedrive automatically update if i am working on computer documents