Windows 10: Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:"

Discus and support Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I know, the windows search isn't the best. But I try to optimize things/workflow and tried to figure out the fastest way to search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Trudel3000, May 22, 2020.

1. Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:"

Hi there,

I know, the windows search isn't the best. But I try to optimize things/workflow and tried to figure out the fastest way to search for documents. By default it jumps right into web search if it can't find something immediately. But if you type "doc: " at the beginning it jumps to the document search. That is cool, but is there an faster way? Like making the document search standard?

submitted by /u/Trudel3000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Trudel3000, May 22, 2020

2. Show Jump list not showing recent documents (or anything)

I have enabled show recent documents in jump list (and restarted). There is a '>' after e.g. Word, Adobe but nothing shows when I click it. Hovering over the '>' brings up 'Show Jump List'.

Second question is - does one have to click the '>' for recent doc to appear? If so this is a downgrade from W7 where the recent docs appear when one hovers over the program.

MikePRoberts, May 22, 2020
  3. Cursor jumps while Typing

Hi Marc,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2020
  4. Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:"

Cursor jumps while Typing

Compelte with no chnages

Marc@Glanvilles, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:"

1. Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:" - Similar Threads - easier jump document

2. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  3. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  4. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?: have bluetooth keyboard. i connected it to computer 1 (c1). works fine. i pressed the bluetooth button to put it into pairing mode, and paired it with computer 2 (c2). it's now paired and connected to c2, and only paired to c1. is there no easy way to reconnect it back to...
  6. Can't type more than one word in the search box

Can't type more than one word in the search box: Hi all, Like the title said, after the lastest update I can't type more than one word in the search bar, Windows blocks there. And I can't undo the word also. It's getting annoying for me. Anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks! submitted by /u/PresqueSchierke [link]...
  7. The chrome bookmarks bar is easier than the windows taskbar.

The chrome bookmarks bar is easier than the windows taskbar.: I have two questions. I need to group some icons on taskbar, and make a folder, just like the bookmarks bar folders on Chrome. I have it to always combine but they are all separate. I need programs to stop going to the system tray and just quit. submitted by...
  8. doc filed in documents in wrond format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    doc filed in documents in wrond format: all items in my documents look like this. how do I correct and get them back in word format? þÿ   ÕÍÕœ.“— +,ù®0 ü  h...
  9. Accessibility settings easier to access on Docs, Sheets, and Slides

in Windows 10 News
    Accessibility settings easier to access on Docs, Sheets, and Slides: Quick launch summary It’s now easier to discover accessibility features like screen reader support, braille support, and screen magnifier support in Docs, Sheets, and Slides. While these accessibility features were previously available, they required additional steps to...
  10. Feature: Searching in Doc History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature: Searching in Doc History: Is there plans to allow searches in Document History for One Drive going to be made possible. If there is collaboration of a specific document where changes are constantly taking place and there is a need to find a particular change in a particular version, it would be nice...