Windows 10: Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

Discus and support Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a new monitor that supports HDR - and when I'm actually watching HDR content or gaming it looks fucking amazing, but when I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Randomd0g, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

I recently got a new monitor that supports HDR - and when I'm actually watching HDR content or gaming it looks fucking amazing, but when I'm not watching HDR (i.e. just on the desktop) it, instead of looking amazing, looks washed out and garbage... From googling around this is apparently just how it's supposed to be which I guess does make sense. SDR content on a display that's trying to output HDR will just look a bit wrong.

Now, this isn't so much an issue but it's an inconvenience to have to go: Settings>Display>Scroll Down>"Use HDR" and toggle it on or off every time I want to switch between display settings.

So like... can I get this in a keyboard macro somehow? How about one of the quick settings tile so I can turn it on or off in the notifications panel? (i.e. the same place as I can toggle my VPN)

I'm sure this must be possible but I wouldn't have a clue how to begin to do it. Any help pals?

submitted by /u/Randomd0g
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Randomd0g, Sep 16, 2020

2. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

Hi,

A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far:

1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR).
    2) Initially, I connect the PC and activated HDR on the TV side (HDR is toggled per HDMI port on my TV). At first, the PC displayed on my TV as expected, but with the HDR toggle inside Windows 10 to off. Naturally, I toggled HDR to on...
    3) Next, my screen went black and the PC disconnected from the TV input. Now, the only way to achieve a picture again is to turn off HDR on the TV side.

My question - firstly, am I missing something in this process with regards HDR working properly, and secondly, is there a way to untoggle the HDR in Windows without have HDR enabled? The option only becomes visible once HDR is enabled.

Thanks, Jonny

Jonny1010101010, Sep 16, 2020
  3. tbcam88 Win User
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

Hi all,

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the eyes. This is annoyingly tedious as you need to navigate through settings, display, HD colour options etc. before finally getting to the toggle switch in question. Can a single click batch file/registry tweak perhaps be constructed in this case? Allowing you to enable/disable the setting in an instant?

How to toggle HDR with a script on Windows 10

This article details creating a script which does exactly what I've described but it apparently doesn't work with multiple display setups (which is what I'm running unfortunately!)

Hoping a tenforums guru can assist!

tbcam88, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

HDR won't enable!

Thanks for your suggestion. I lowered the refresh rate to 30 HZ and still could not toggle the HDR switch to on position.

I also checked the play back with powerdvd17. My projector information recognizes 3840 x 2160 p 60 Hz with HDR 10 BT 2020 when I play a 4K HDR source file

Thanks

Rajiv Gupta (rgupta), Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

1. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off? - Similar Threads - easy toggling HDR

2. Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?: about all the online games I play have EAC and no native HDR. whenever I launch it with EAC I don't get the enhancement popup and is dull but when I run it without EAC it works perfectly fine. I've tried doing registry edits for the EAC executables and it did nothing. I'm...
  3. Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?: about all the online games I play have EAC and no native HDR. whenever I launch it with EAC I don't get the enhancement popup and is dull but when I run it without EAC it works perfectly fine. I've tried doing registry edits for the EAC executables and it did nothing. I'm...
  4. HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV): So I connected my PC to my Sony TV (I've used HDR before on Netflix, PS4 etc) today with a HDMI 2.0 cable and I can't toggle HDR on Windows. When I toggle it on, it just switches back to off immediately, and I can't turn it on in games like AC Valhalla. Does anybody have a...
  5. hdr off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdr off: hdr not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-off/a77bf14c-a9ed-4551-acc3-eb913d0b187c
  6. Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?: I sometimes use headphones, sometimes speakers. I'm also a gamer. I have to explicitly enable/disable spatial sound on/off every time I jump between speakers and headphones. There surely has to be an easier way, or an auto-detection of headphones to swap back/forth?...
  7. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  8. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  9. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: My original thread went ignored here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-toggle-to-yes-for-hdr-on-apps-and-games/5a07b600-70b2-4931-85b5-67aceca64d11 I don't know how to switch questions over so this is the best I can do :(...
  10. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode: Hi, A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far: 1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR). 2) Initially, I...