Windows 10: Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?

Discus and support Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Graphic Designer who knows just enough about computers to be able to fix most of his problems, but this one has stumped me:Example:I am creating an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JD Lewis, May 29, 2023.

1. JD Lewis Win User

Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?

Graphic Designer who knows just enough about computers to be able to fix most of his problems, but this one has stumped me:Example:I am creating an image made up of 700 images, and I am pulling from a collection of 5485 sequentially numbered images. In order to grab the 700 files that are evenly distributed between those 5485 images, I have to select one file every 7.26, which I generate in a spreadsheet using multipliers and rounding to determine whether I am selecting one every 7 files, or if I should be selecting the 8th. I then go to File Explorer and, while holding the Ctrl key down, manu

:)

JD Lewis, May 29, 2023
  2. Time Lady Win User

Ctrl + space no longer working to select multiple, non-consecutive files in Win 10

I’ve never done it that way, I always hold ctrl then use the mouse to click on each file I wish to delete, this works with non consecutive files.

It may be a recent update has removed that way of deleting non consecutive files.

Time Lady, May 29, 2023
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, May 29, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - easy select non

2. Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?: Graphic Designer who knows just enough about computers to be able to fix most of his problems, but this one has stumped me:Example:I am creating an image made up of 700 images, and I am pulling from a collection of 5485 sequentially numbered images. In order to grab the 700...
  3. Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?: Graphic Designer who knows just enough about computers to be able to fix most of his problems, but this one has stumped me:Example:I am creating an image made up of 700 images, and I am pulling from a collection of 5485 sequentially numbered images. In order to grab the 700...
  4. Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?: I have a new computer W11 and downloaded my saved files from iDrive. What a mess! There are many duplicates, in several different directory trees that seem to have been created out of nowhere. I don't know if these are exact duplicates, but can't take the chance that they are...
  5. Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?: I have a new computer W11 and downloaded my saved files from iDrive. What a mess! There are many duplicates, in several different directory trees that seem to have been created out of nowhere. I don't know if these are exact duplicates, but can't take the chance that they are...
  6. a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer: animated cg, but only animation not the model from rendering. it's over 2000 frames, lots of excess so reduce file size and it would still look smooth. 2000 frame animation for game has many facing angle so it is repetitive, and a single set rule (which I could adjust) of...
  7. Is there an easy way to share files??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way to share files??: Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other?? I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure...
  8. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  9. Way of opening selected files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Way of opening selected files: Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked. Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last...
  10. Easy way to open EPUB files

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way to open EPUB files: Greetings from Holly Jerusalem Easy way to open EPUB files 1. Open Google chrome 2. Get Simple EPUB Reader extension 3. Open Simple EPUB Reader extension 4. Drop your EPUB file 5. Setup settings as you prefer That is all 92677