Windows 10: Is there an easy way to share files??

Discus and support Is there an easy way to share files?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Radamand, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Is there an easy way to share files??

Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network.

Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other??

I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure out how to make this 'simple' thing work.... I have 'shared' the desired folder on one machine, and can see it on the other, but cannot transfer files (like, what's the fucking point of sharing a folder if you can't transfer files??)

HELP!!

submitted by /u/Radamand
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Radamand, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Akumos Win User

File Sharing

Ermmm, where are the files stored? Server or one of the machines you listed?

Should be easy enough to help you through the forum, you may not need a help site.

Akumos, Jan 8, 2020
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Is there an easy way to share files??

File Sharing

Hi Dwayne,

The ability to share files within your homegroup can be set based on your preference in the HomeGroup settings. For us to identify if the file sharing issue is caused by the update or an option not being retained in the HomeGroup setting, we'd like to ask
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Aside from installing an update, have you also made any recent changes to the HomeGroup settings?
    • What specific update have you installed before the file sharing stopped working? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
    • On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app from the search result.
    • Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
    • Click the Update history link.
    • Have you already checked if the file and printer sharing is enabled in the
      Advanced sharing settings
      in the Control Panel?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried based on the threads that you've read?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel from the search result.
    • Click View all and locate HomeGroup.
    • Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide to run the troubleshooter.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Is there an easy way to share files??

1. Is there an easy way to share files?? - Similar Threads - easy share files

2. Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?: I'm trying to change Windows 11's default Notepad app to Notepad++. I changed the default App in Settings > Apps > Default apps > Notepad. Changing the Default App for each file listed under the Notepad app, everything is good.I looked into the files under the Excel App, and...
  3. Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an easy way to change Default File Associations?: I'm trying to change Windows 11's default Notepad app to Notepad++. I changed the default App in Settings > Apps > Default apps > Notepad. Changing the Default App for each file listed under the Notepad app, everything is good.I looked into the files under the Excel App, and...
  4. Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?: Graphic Designer who knows just enough about computers to be able to fix most of his problems, but this one has stumped me:Example:I am creating an image made up of 700 images, and I am pulling from a collection of 5485 sequentially numbered images. In order to grab the 700...
  5. Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?: Graphic Designer who knows just enough about computers to be able to fix most of his problems, but this one has stumped me:Example:I am creating an image made up of 700 images, and I am pulling from a collection of 5485 sequentially numbered images. In order to grab the 700...
  6. Is there an easy way to select non-consecutive files in File Explorer?

7. Is there an easy way to share files between two PCs on the same wi-fi network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to share files between two PCs on the same wi-fi network?: I want to move files from my laptop to my desktop via wi-fi or Bluetooth. I have been using a USB thumb drive but thought I would try a different approach....
  8. Is there an easy way to share files between two PCs on the same wi-fi network?

Is there an easy way to share files between two PCs on the same wi-fi network?: I want to move files from my laptop to my desktop via wi-fi or Bluetooth. I have been using a USB thumb drive but thought I would try a different approach....
  9. Easy Network and Sharing setup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easy Network and Sharing setup?: Since XP and beyond, until Windows 10, turn on Network discovery and sharing was so easy! Why is it so hard to do now? Many hoops to jump through, just to find out you still don't have access to a second or third computer on your private network. It would be nice to have a...
  10. Easy way to open EPUB files

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way to open EPUB files: Greetings from Holly Jerusalem Easy way to open EPUB files 1. Open Google chrome 2. Get Simple EPUB Reader extension 3. Open Simple EPUB Reader extension 4. Drop your EPUB file 5. Setup settings as you prefer That is all 92677