Windows 10: is there an easy way to show tiles in startup

Discus and support is there an easy way to show tiles in startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My start menu only shows a listing of icons, not the tiles that one usually sees when going to thestart menu in Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamVincent1, Apr 24, 2021.

1. is there an easy way to show tiles in startup

My start menu only shows a listing of icons, not the tiles that one usually sees when going to thestart menu in Windows 10.

:)

WilliamVincent1, Apr 24, 2021
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

is there an easy way to show tiles in startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

is there an easy way to show tiles in startup

1. is there an easy way to show tiles in startup - Similar Threads - easy show tiles

2. Is there an easy way to record part of a screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way to record part of a screen?: As per the title, I need to record one part of a screen (full screen won't do, just one window won't do either, so the Game Bar is out of the question). Is there an easy way to do this? When I googled it, all solutions seem to involve apps which will watermark the recording...
  3. easy way pin windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    easy way pin windows?: pin windows show on all desktops pin windows should show on top of desktop, but below other windows by default 156295
  4. Is there an easy way to reset the Volume Mixer?

Is there an easy way to reset the Volume Mixer?: Everything appears to be a really low volume for some reason. submitted by /u/Ritalio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghcryq/is_there_an_easy_way_to_reset_the_volume_mixer/
  5. Is there a way to tile print an image?

Is there a way to tile print an image?: Im trying to print a black and white image to about 13”x13”. I remember doing this when I was younger in Word. I have windows 10 now and can not for the life of me figure how to tile print from an image in Word. Is there any other program that is free to use or part of the...
  6. Is there an easy way to share files??

Is there an easy way to share files??: Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other?? I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure...
  7. Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved: Hi folks If you want the easy way to remove any extra entries you have in your windows boot menu at startup the easy way is simply from start menu -->run-->msconfig then from the popup choose the boot tab change default or delete etc. Much easier than mucking around...
  8. Easy Way to Transfer Account Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Way to Transfer Account Settings: I think I have a corrupted Windows Account. I could not find an easy way to transfer my existing one to a new one I made. Also the new account has a different name under users since I cannot use my original name. Any suggestions on how to solve these two problems?...
  9. Firefox -- is there an easy way to access Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox -- is there an easy way to access Favourites: Hi there On the Tor Browser ( a variant of firefox it's really easy to access BOOKMARKS (favourites) [img] On Firefox it's another step to get the bookmarks or is there something in configuration that I can use -- the bookmarks icon doesn't appear in the standard...
  10. Easy way to open EPUB files

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way to open EPUB files: Greetings from Holly Jerusalem Easy way to open EPUB files 1. Open Google chrome 2. Get Simple EPUB Reader extension 3. Open Simple EPUB Reader extension 4. Drop your EPUB file 5. Setup settings as you prefer That is all 92677