Windows 10: Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed that an old laptop I have here has a broken ACPI and it always shuts down whenever any OS (including vista, 7, 10, linux) tries to bring up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tobindax, May 1, 2020.

1. tobindax Win User

Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10?

I noticed that an old laptop I have here has a broken ACPI and it always shuts down whenever any OS (including vista, 7, 10, linux) tries to bring up any display resolution above the boot resolution. But it does work fine with acpi=off of linux kernel (it mainly breaks the shut-down feature) and I wonder if windows has a similar option (it has to happen at boot because it can't even go in the graphical environment!).

:)

tobindax, May 1, 2020
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, May 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 1, 2020
  4. Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10?

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10?

1. Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - equivalent acpi=off linux

2. Windows 10 equivalent to Screen Time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 equivalent to Screen Time?: Hey hey, I’ve been using the screen time settings on my iPhone to keep myself from spending too much time browsing the internet by blocking Safari. I could undo this within seconds — and I do when I really need to check something — but weirdly enough this is allowing me to...
  3. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...: Hi,I used this methodwritten in topic in Linux terminal and it worked like a VPN for me but since I have changed my OS to Windows I cannot find equivalent for this command... Any help will be appreciatedinstalled putty but it seems there is no such option there...Thank you...
  4. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...: Hi,I used this methodwritten in topic in Linux terminal and it worked like a VPN for me but since I have changed my OS to Windows I cannot find equivalent for this command... Any help will be appreciatedinstalled putty but it seems there is no such option there...Thank you...
  5. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. powershell equivalent of linux smbclient

powershell equivalent of linux smbclient: submitted by /u/ye_sh1thead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v63pv0/powershell_equivalent_of_linux_smbclient/
  7. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. Windows 10 equivalent to Memory Pressure.

Windows 10 equivalent to Memory Pressure.: I have been a Mac user my entire life and recently bought the XPS 13 for it's great screen. was wondering if there is an equivalent to Memory Pressure in Macs in Windows. If not is there any alternative way to check the efficiency of the RAM? Resource Monitor maybe? Thanks...
  10. Linux swap equivalent in Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linux swap equivalent in Windows?: Hello, When I'm using Ubuntu, my hard drive is much noisier, so I was thinking that it's because of the SWAP feature, (Because with Windows it's quiet) Does Windows have an equivalent for SWAP (But it's just not really using it, because today's systems have enough...