Windows 10: Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

Discus and support Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by asheryl, Feb 7, 2023.

1. asheryl Win User

Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but when I go to the Microsoft store, it says it's for Windows 10. Do I install this version or is there once specific for Windows 11?

:)

asheryl, Feb 7, 2023

2. HEVC Extension

Hello LoyalJoshua,

Thank you for responding.

Here are the things we might consider why you have this problem:

• Faulty Microsoft Store services.
    • You're not signed it to the correct Microsoft account where the app is registered.
    • Incompatible app to Windows 11.
    The following are the suggested methods to troubleshoot Microsoft Store and apps issues:

METHOD 1: Install Windows updates

Make sure Windows 11 has the latest update.

1. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
    2. If there is an available update, select Install now.
    METHOD 2: Make sure that HEVC Extension app works with Windows 11.

Please see link below for more information about apps that aren't compatible:

Your app doesn't work with Windows

METHOD 3: Update Microsoft Store app

1. In Microsoft Store > Library.
    2. Look for Microsoft Store in the list, if updates is available, proceed in installing it.
    3. Check if it is working now.
    METHOD 4: Sign out and sign back in

Sign out the current account and make sure you sign back in with the right Microsoft account you use when you purchase this app.

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. At the upper-right corner, click on the profile icon and select your account.
    3. Click the Sign out button.
    4. Click on the profile icon again and click sign in.
    5. Once done, try to play the video again.
    METHOD 5: Open the video with HEVC Extension app

Try to open the video directly to HEVC Extension app.

1. Open File Explorer, locate where you save the video.
    2. Right-click on it and select Open with.
    3. Then select HEVC Extension app from the list.
    METHOD 6: Reset Microsoft Store

It will reset and delete the app data to resolve common problems.

1. Open Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Select Microsoft Store app.
    3. Click the Advanced options link and click Reset button.
    4. Check if it's now working.
    METHOD 7: Reinstall HEVC Extension app

If the above steps did not work, try reinstalling the app instead.

1. Open Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Select HEVC Extension app.
    3. Click the Advanced options link and click Uninstall button.
    4. To reinstall, open Microsoft Store again.
    5. Select Library. Find the app you want to reinstall, and then select Install.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Mara May M, Feb 7, 2023
  3. HEVC Video extension not installing

Hi,

I am trying to view HEIC image files on my Windows 10 PC

I installed HEIF extension from Microsoft Store, it installed properly, but still Photos app is showing only blurry images.

Upon googling i saw advice to install HEVC Video extension too.

I bought HEVC Video extension from the Microsoft Store and when click on "Install" nothing happens and HEVC is not listed in the Apps & Features list. (HEIF extension is present in this list)

When i select the three dots near the "Install" button i was given the list of machines i want the extension to be installed on. When i select the machine i am trying to install on, all i get is the message saying that "We will attempt to install the extension on the machine you requested" but no action

Is there a way for me to get the binary myself and install it manually instead of relying on some auto install program?

I have already wasted 2 days trying to view HEIC files on Windows 10.

Shanmugam.Mohanraj, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11

Hi

Even I am having the same issue. On windows 10 i had HEVC from Device Manufacturer extension made by Microsoft and after updating to Win 11 i am not able to play 4K 10bit mkv files which i was able to before. I reinstalled the app multiple times but nothing is helping...I feel like the extension isn't yet compatible with win11 and we dont want to pay anything for something as simple as HEVC codec. Please update the prev. extension and solve our issue.

Thanks

Jaskaran SinghChhabra, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

1. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11? - Similar Threads - HEVC file extension

2. HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working: SO here it is Dec 31st and I have the same problem with not being able to read the HEVC files on my Windows 11 system either. I downloaded the version from the Microsoft Store and installed but can't file the app on my system anywhere. Downloaded it 3 times, but nothing. I...
  3. HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working: SO here it is Dec 31st and I have the same problem with not being able to read the HEVC files on my Windows 11 system either. I downloaded the version from the Microsoft Store and installed but can't file the app on my system anywhere. Downloaded it 3 times, but nothing. I...
  4. HEVC extension pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC extension pack: Hi there, I'm trying with great difficulty to pay for the HEVC extension pack. Microsoft Store thinks I'm in the US, even when all my location settings on my laptop are for the UK. I put my my payment details in and it only allows me to chose US state for my home address. Any...
  5. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?: I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but when I go to the Microsoft store, it says it's for Windows 10. Do I install this version or is there once specific for...
  6. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  7. HEVC Extension

HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  8. HEVC extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC extensions: Microsoft downloaded HEIF and HEVC extensions to my laptop recently, but only HEIF was downloaded to my PC. Why do I have to pay for HEVC extensions for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extensions/7215b176-e82b-4276-b012-ec7e067419d2
  9. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC Extension: Hi, good day I have downloaded the HEVC extension but it is not launching and I am not sure why. Also, I have v video on my phone that I have exported to my laptop however when the videos are being played I am seeing a grey screen around the video and I am unable to see my...
  10. HEVC file extensions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEVC file extensions: On my old device, there is a app called "HEVC extensions from the device manufactureer" but on my new PC, it says i have to buy it for £0.79. But my old PC just says "HEVC extensions" and its free.. but this no longer is searchable on the store.... how can i...