Windows 10: Is there an inexpensive way to lower GPU temp.?

Discus and support Is there an inexpensive way to lower GPU temp.? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello My PC do froze occasionally. When doing the FurMark test, I do see that the temp is reaching nearly 100 'C on my GT 630 card. I know better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by arjfca, Nov 18, 2016.

1. arjfca Win User

Is there an inexpensive way to lower GPU temp.?

Hello

My PC do froze occasionally. When doing the FurMark test, I do see that the temp is reaching nearly 100 'C on my GT 630 card. I know better now what I low end price card can and can't do.

Can't be sure if the temperature do cause my PC problem, but it probably don't help.

Fan and heatsink has been cleaned.

Should I look for new card, knew casing, new fan, water cooling or a lower priced solution?

Martin

:)

arjfca, Nov 18, 2016

2. is there an easier way to do this?

You should be able to go into file manager in the N97 mini and move files from one folder to another using the options in file manager. Also if you have bluetooth on your computer send LG files to computer and drag and drop the files to the Nokia !

carman58---01, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Duey---01 Win User
    is there an easier way to do this?

Hi,

I'm a new owner of a Nokia N97 Mini. One thing I love about Nokia is that they usually include the USB transfer cable with the phone. I have another cell phone, an LG, which doesn't, but I don't care as I can transfer files between the phones with bluetooth.
    However, sending from the LG to the N97, each file is like a bluetooth text message and I have to save the file individually from each message.

I used to have a Nokia 6085, and when I did this process, this phone didn't save the message as a text message, it just saved the file to a "received files" folder automatically.

Is there a way to set the N97 mini to automatically save bluetooth transferred files to a folder and not as a message? Most of the bluetooth info I can search for is about PC to phone.

Thanks,

Duey

Duey---01, Nov 18, 2016
  4. valihrach Win User

Furmark is known to generate extreme load of GPU. Test it using your favorite game. But frozen PC may have different causes, you didn't write when (under which circumstances) it comes.

There are programs able to control fan speed, MSI Afterburner for example. If it doesn't help, try to lower gpu and vram clock temporarily by mentioned software, or permanently by VGA BIOS modding by NiBiTor (not recommended if your graphics card is still under warranty or if you have limited experience).

valihrach, Nov 18, 2016
  5. arjfca Win User
    Hello valihrach

Thanks for the reply

I don't play game with my PC, i'm charting data. Whenever I do load a massive historic data file, I do hear the fan speed increasing. The problem is intermittent, and lately, it do occur more frequently. My PC just froze. Nothing to do with it other than pressing the reset button. Often, problem do occur will I'm not using the PC. PC is always running. Only LCD turned off. No hibernation nor saving low power mode. Do problem do occur while there is something on the screen. Never when the screen are blank.

I do suspect one of the two graphic cards and the BlueScreenView do report problem with the Nvidia drivers.

I just post another tread about how to lower the GPU frequency. Can't say if it could help

I'm including the BlueScreenView Report

Martin

arjfca, Nov 18, 2016
  6. valihrach Win User
    Please fill in your system specs; hope you don't have the "nForce + GeForce" combination. What you can try:
    - remove one of the GeForce cards
    - downgrade to driver version 314.22
    - check CPU and GPU temps and fans using CPUID HW Monitor while data loading.
    It seems to me as unstable system rather than pure GPU problem.

valihrach, Nov 18, 2016
  7. arjfca Win User
    Hello valirach

I'm not in front of my pc.

-How do I check if I got nForce & GeForce combinaison. If so can I resolve that?

- Don't know how to downgrade driver, will do research.

- How can I check my PC stability. It's seem that every time that it froze, problem related to the graphic card, but I may be in the wrong path..

Martin
    Montreal, Canada

arjfca, Nov 19, 2016
  8. valihrach Win User

Hi arjfca,

you surely have GeForce graphics card(s); nForce is nVidia chipset present on some older motherboards. If you don't know which mobo you have, CPU-Z program may help - it detects some mobos. Also check your processor type.

Downgrading driver:
    - download Display Driver Uninstaller and wushowhide.diagcab (you may use google to find them)
    - run DDU as admin (safe mode is not needed), uncheck Reboot box, click to Uninstall, don't reboot
    - immediately after that run wushowhide, untick Fix automatically, Next, click to Hide updates
    - select all that nVidia stuff, click to Hide button
    - restart; your system shouldn't install new nVidia drivers anymore
    - download 314.22-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe from nVidia site if you have 64bit system or 314.22-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-english-whql.exe
    - run as admin, Custom Install, select only vga driver + hdmi + physx, nothing more.

Please remove your 550Ti card first, then downgrade driver - it may help. If it doesn't, then use HWMonitor program - it shows temperatures and fan speeds of both processor and graphics card. Observe them while opening your big data file (in which program?) As the next step, I recommend to borrow and try some Radeon card.

Regards,

Prague, Europe

valihrach, Nov 19, 2016
  9. arjfca Win User
    Hello again

Did removed the GTX 550 ti card, then removed and re installed the drivers. Now, PC does not recognize after re-installing the GTX 550 ti, card.

Both card are Nvidia and GeForce.

Graphic card: GTX 550 ti
    GeForce GT 630

arjfca, Nov 20, 2016
  10. You can try undervolting, it works miracles for CPUs, but it takes a lot of testing to get a lower voltage and keep stability.

TairikuOkami, Nov 20, 2016
  11. valihrach Win User
    Hello Martin,

why did you put the 550ti back? There is absolutely no need to have multiple GPUs unless you play games (using SLI), or make massive parallelized computations (and in this case, your application has to know how to use GPU), or use multitude of monitors. Furthermore, in the case of system instability because of weak power source, removing spare GPU reduces load of PCI Express power lines which may increase stability.

Please try to use your system with only one card installed.

Regards,

valihrach, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there an inexpensive way to lower GPU temp.? - Similar Threads - inexpensive lower GPU

2. CANT SEE MY GPU TEMP !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CANT SEE MY GPU TEMP !!: EVERY THING IS ABOVE THE REQUIREMENTS THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ?? PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-gpu-temp/98e0defa-30e4-41e1-b70d-d1427c40b2ce
  3. CANT SEE MY GPU TEMP !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANT SEE MY GPU TEMP !!: EVERY THING IS ABOVE THE REQUIREMENTS THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ?? PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-gpu-temp/98e0defa-30e4-41e1-b70d-d1427c40b2ce
  4. CANT SEE MY GPU TEMP !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to lower the contrast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to lower the contrast: There seem to be a bunch of settings to increase contrast and change red/blue/greens but nothing else. I get migraines easily would love to find a way to stop whites from being so bright. Even at the lowest brightness, it's too bright (laptop). I can go into intel display...
  6. Inexpensive non-pirated software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inexpensive non-pirated software?: I guess I want my cake and eat it. I don't want to use pirated software because I don't want to be hacked and it is also illegal but at the same time I want to pay the lowest price. I am confused though. I just did a google search for Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 and I am...
  7. Is there any way to lower the base volume of...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to lower the base volume of...?: Is there any way to lower the base volume of a pair of bluetooth earbuds connected to my pc? For some odd reason all bluetooth earbuds have their base volume up way to high, forcing you to have your devices volume at minimum. I know how to lower the master volume knob....
  8. GPU temps

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU temps: I have two identical computers, one is used by me and one is used by my brother. they're in the exact same condition and everything works identically except from the gpu. my gpu runs at ~20 degrees higher than my brothers when under load, why is this? they're don't have dust...
  9. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  10. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Support
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...