Windows 10: Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?

Discus and support Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a three year old Surface Pro that the Health Check cannot be upgraded because of an Intel i7 processor, but is fine in every other way. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken Forbus, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?

I have a three year old Surface Pro that the Health Check cannot be upgraded because of an Intel i7 processor, but is fine in every other way. This is really annoying. Does anyone know if this will change? The Health check program says "currently" which implies that it's a moving target. Thanks.

:)

Ken Forbus, Oct 26, 2021

2. range extender

I just purchased a linksys range extender, and in windows 10, it wont allow me to connect to the ext network, the agent at linksys, said I need to download a patch to fix this problem, does anyone else know about this?

Dawn J.Smith, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Range Extender

How do I connect a tp-link wifi range extender to my pc?

Meriweather8, Oct 26, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?

Range Extender

Hi Meriweather8

Basically the way a range extender works is:

The extender logs into your normal house router, then you log into the extender

So you need to set that extender to log into the IP address of your home router, then once you do that, you should be able to log into the extender

So you need the manual for that extender to find out how to set that up to log into your Home WiFI, if you do not have the manual, what is the exact Model No. of that tp-Link extender?

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?

1. Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11? - Similar Threads - chance Microsoft extend

2. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  3. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  4. Is there any chance a Surface 4 will get Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any chance a Surface 4 will get Windows 11?: Please do not roast me too much for this question and expectations but is there any chance for my Surface to ever be able o run Windows 11 or is Win 10 its end-of-life OS?Thank you so much.Device name: SURFACE-NOV-19Serial number: 0250842***Surface model: Surface Pro 4 i5SAM:...
  5. Is there any chance a Surface 4 will get Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any chance a Surface 4 will get Windows 11?: Please do not roast me too much for this question and expectations but is there any chance for my Surface to ever be able o run Windows 11 or is Win 10 its end-of-life OS?Thank you so much.Device name: SURFACE-NOV-19Serial number: 0250842***Surface model: Surface Pro 4 i5SAM:...
  6. Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?: I have a three year old Surface Pro that the Health Check cannot be upgraded because of an Intel i7 processor, but is fine in every other way. This is really annoying. Does anyone know if this will change? The Health check program says "currently" which implies that it's a...
  7. RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT: NEED HELP TO CONNECT WIFI TO RANGE EXTENDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender-connect/c60932bd-359e-4c9e-8fe9-121b2b586916
  8. Range Extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Range Extender: How do I connect a tp-link wifi range extender to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender/ecdd9823-8486-4b89-9795-c2f9d50287ff
  9. wireless range extender

wireless range extender: was trying to put in a wi fi 4 extender. put in the wrong password. now i cannot connect. how do i completely get rid of it and start over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-range-extender/757037cb-f493-4175-8177-7c12b8c1d06a
  10. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender

Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four WiFi Windows 10 PCs being used at my home. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by my mobile phone and by my Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my PCs sometimes pick up the...