Windows 10: Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?

Discus and support Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any diference between windows accounts that are connected to mictosoft, and windows accounts that are not? submitted by /u/Wooden-Fan5324... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wooden-Fan5324, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?

Is there any diference between windows accounts that are connected to mictosoft, and windows accounts that are not?

submitted by /u/Wooden-Fan5324
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wooden-Fan5324, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without? :(

Zakin, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?

1. Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without? - Similar Threads - difference between accounts

2. The differences between Windows account PINs and passwords

in Windows 10 News
    The differences between Windows account PINs and passwords: Microsoft's Windows 10 and 11 operating systems support several different account authentication options. There is the classic local user account and password option, the Microsoft account and password option, and options provided by Windows Hello. Use of a PIN is the most...
  3. Halfway between Local Account and Microsoft Account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Halfway between Local Account and Microsoft Account?: On one of my Windows 10 Pro laptops I sign in with Windows Hello and can choose to enter a pin, fingerprint scan or password. My account username is "Jamie" and my profile folder shares the same name. I do not sign in to Windows with my Microsoft account username and password...
  4. First updates insane time differences between a Microsoft Account and a Local Account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    First updates insane time differences between a Microsoft Account and a Local Account.: Whenever I install the first updates from a Microsoft Account, it takes like an hour+. Today I've installed the first updates on a Local Account and in 5 minutes it was done. I am actually afraid my system disn't probably update optimally. I am talking about the update, when...
  5. Different Microsoft accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Different Microsoft accounts: The email showing up on my computer as my Microsoft account name is wrong. I changed emails and wasn't sure how to change that so I opened another Microsoft account under my new email. The wrong email still shows up under my profile on my PC and I can't buy anything from...
  6. What is the difference between installing a virus on an administrator account and a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between installing a virus on an administrator account and a...: Suppose there is a virus-containing software that can modify system files if installed on an administrator account. But if I install it on a standard account and UAC requires installation to an administrator account, can it fix the system files? If possible, it is no longer...
  7. What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on...: My PC runs Windows Pro 10 v. 1909. The People App is configured with two email accounts: My Hotmail email address. A Gmail address. I synchronize it with my smartphone running Android 9 without a problem. I noticed yesterday the following problem: a contact I had added...
  8. Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...: Hi everyone, I have a new Microsoft account and want to change the account that I use to log into my Windows10 laptop to this new Microsoft account. I already found a pretty neat explanation on how to add a new local account, log into a Microsoft account on that and then...
  9. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  10. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...