Windows 10: Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?

Discus and support Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have an on-Premises Exchange 2019 server and a domain that is hybrid synced to a 365 Tenant. Trying to add an account on the on-prem server to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GLComputing, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?

We have an on-Premises Exchange 2019 server and a domain that is hybrid synced to a 365 Tenant.

Trying to add an account on the on-prem server to Windows 10 Mail bypasses AutoDiscover and only connects to 365.

Outlook has a similar behaviour that can be fixed with the ExcludeExplicitO365Endpoint control as per:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/3211279/outlook-2016-implementation-of-autodiscover

I couldn't find a similar setting I could use for W10 Mail, but I found that using Advanced - Exchange ActiveSync does.

So, I have two questions:

1. Is there a control I can roll out via Group Policy or even manually to make it use the SRV AutoDiscover?

2. Are there any differences, from a user perspective, between the normal Exchange connection and the ActiveSync?

Thanks,

Mike

:)

GLComputing, Feb 22, 2020
  2. zzOzz Win User

exchange activesync

After I installed the new build, at windows startup ta appearing exchange activesync policies window broker ' or not, and when I'm going to add an email from hotmail in mail app pops up this same window and the error when adding the email with the code 0x80040b0b.

Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync? [​IMG]

zzOzz, Feb 22, 2020
  3. geno368 Win User
    Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

geno368, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Ðаn Win User

Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?

Will Outlook 2016 connect to Exchange using EAS?

This KB article acknowledges that Outlook 2013 won't connect to Exchange using EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) for non-Hotmail accounts, i.e., a corporate Exchange server. There is also a similar six-year old question on the topic, as well as further discussion here.

Has the situation changed any for Outlook 2016? The reason to ask is that the "free" Windows 10 mail client does support EAS connections (the same was true for Windows 8/8.1 too), so I would think Outlook would as well. It seems rather odd that I should lose functionality when "upgrading" my Microsoft-provided email client.

(And, no, other options aren't possible, such as the much-preferred Outlook Anywhere feature; the only supported "off site" configuration is EAS--for mobile devices.)

I'm trying to get Microsoft to weigh in: Can't add non-Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync account in Outlook 2016 .

Ðаn, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?

1. Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync? - Similar Threads - difference user between

2. Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server?: hi, as per the title. work machine uses Outlook 2016, mails from a couple years back get archived off into a vault or whatever. usually if i go to the bottom of the list there's a message saying "there are more files on the server, click here" but today it says "more files on...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  5. Exchanges

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Exchanges: I recently purchased the wrong version of Minecraft on accident and I want to exchange it for the right one but I cannot. Is there any way to be able to do that since I do not want money back and instead just want another version of the same game?...
  6. Exchange activesync from unknown location MS IPv6 address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exchange activesync from unknown location MS IPv6 address: Greetings, My recent login activity showed successful sync's from an IPv6 address assigned to the Microsoft network earlier this month. The location was "unknown". I don't believe this was me. I've since changed my password and now I see one login attempt yesterday that...
  7. Is there any difference to a useer between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?

Is there any difference to a useer between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?: We have an on-Premises Exchange 2019 server and a domain that is hybrid synced to a 365 Tenant. Trying to add an account on the on-prem server to Windows 10 Mail bypasses AutoDiscover and only connects to 365. Outlook has a similar behaviour that can be fixed with the...
  8. EXCHANGE ACTIVESYNC POLICIES BROKER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EXCHANGE ACTIVESYNC POLICIES BROKER: Should I download exchange ActiveSync policies broker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exchange-activesync-policies-broker/5dd12903-59c1-49f0-8da0-2dad61d77001
  9. Exchange ActiveSync and Microsoft Exchange

in Browsers and Email
    Exchange ActiveSync and Microsoft Exchange: Hello Guys and Gals After the recent migration of MS Email , i now notice i have duplicate accounts of multiple account , and i would like to remove the ones before the MS migration , and i dont know which ones to Remove, i believe the the Active Account was before the...
  10. exchange activesync

in Browsers and Email
    exchange activesync: After I installed the new build, at windows startup ta appearing exchange activesync policies window broker ' or not, and when I'm going to add an email from hotmail in mail app pops up this same window and the error when adding the email with the code 0x80040b0b. [img]...