Windows 10: Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11

Discus and support Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased a new laptop running Windows 11. Now I am finding files in several places, under User, under documents, etc. When I try to delete any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kess2448, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Kess2448 Win User

Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11

I just purchased a new laptop running Windows 11. Now I am finding files in several places, under User, under documents, etc. When I try to delete any of them or combine them, I get error messages that I am not administrator or action interrupted. Is there anyway to clean up this mess?

:)

Kess2448, Jan 14, 2022

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jan 14, 2022
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11

Duplicate File Removal App.

Is there an app that will remove only duplicate files? I have tried a couple but when deleting listed duplicate files the original files are also deleted. I am therefore trying to find an app which will delete duplicate files but NOT delete the originals.e

ErnestMunton, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11

1. Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - easy remove duplicate

2. Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?: I have a new computer W11 and downloaded my saved files from iDrive. What a mess! There are many duplicates, in several different directory trees that seem to have been created out of nowhere. I don't know if these are exact duplicates, but can't take the chance that they are...
  3. Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any easy way to compare files in File Explorer and eliminate duplicates?: I have a new computer W11 and downloaded my saved files from iDrive. What a mess! There are many duplicates, in several different directory trees that seem to have been created out of nowhere. I don't know if these are exact duplicates, but can't take the chance that they are...
  4. Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any easy way to remove duplicate files from my laptop in Windows 11: I just purchased a new laptop running Windows 11. Now I am finding files in several places, under User, under documents, etc. When I try to delete any of them or combine them, I get error messages that I am not administrator or action interrupted. Is there anyway to clean up...
  5. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY: If you don't like Remix OS or/and have uninstalled this but still find remix os on dual boot DO THIS. I didn't like remix os so I uninstalled it but I still found it on my dual boot page when I turned on my computer. Enough intro let's get started. First If you...
  6. Is there an easy way to share files??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way to share files??: Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other?? I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure...
  7. Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?: Hello Everyone, I was using windows 7 and then for some reason, I had to Install Windows 10! From there the problem beginning to occur! I did everything right, I used windows 10 before and I am installing windows since 2009. so there is no problem in my windows installing!...
  8. Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved: Hi folks If you want the easy way to remove any extra entries you have in your windows boot menu at startup the easy way is simply from start menu -->run-->msconfig then from the popup choose the boot tab change default or delete etc. Much easier than mucking around...
  9. Removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate files: I don't trust free duplicate file finders. Is there a way to find and delete duplicate files easily from a folder in Windows 10 that does not require using another program? 38286
  10. Easy way to open EPUB files

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way to open EPUB files: Greetings from Holly Jerusalem Easy way to open EPUB files 1. Open Google chrome 2. Get Simple EPUB Reader extension 3. Open Simple EPUB Reader extension 4. Drop your EPUB file 5. Setup settings as you prefer That is all 92677