Windows 10: Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn...

Discus and support Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is the second year of my using windows 10 professional: was happier with windows 7 prof But - I think windows has a bug/annoying side effect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SudheerGodgeri, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn...

This is the second year of my using windows 10 professional: was happier with windows 7 prof

But - I think windows has a bug/annoying side effect that just seems to pop-up again and again - with no source of the problem visible: that of windows /browsers scrolling automatically to last/first item randomly and repeatedly.

let me clarify -- even when i press the windows star button -- the cursor highlight keeps moving up and down -- makes it very hard to select a single item to click on.

Before someone tells me to reload mouse drivers -- I already did that multiple times :

I also navigated to the control panel, devices ... mouse -- turned off "auto scroll inactive windows when I hover mouse over them"

But -- the problem seems to keep repeating: that too within a minute or two: I open a web page -- and windows shows me the bottom! it just doesn;'t allow me to manually scroll .

I am so frustrated -- I would like to switch to ubuntu for just that!

:)

SudheerGodgeri, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. mike_fish Win User
    Turn off auto scroll

How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10

mike_fish, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn...

How do I turn off Auto-Scroll?

Hi,

I realize that you want to turn off Auto-Scroll. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• In which program or website are you facing this issue of auto-scroll?

• Did you make any changes to the PC after which you are facing this issue?

• Do you have a scroll wheel mouse plugged in to the computer?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn...

1. Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn... - Similar Threads - fix random continuous

2. Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??: There is a New Bug, the Auto Scrolling of the Side Bar in Microsoft Edge Windows. Some say this is due to the Inactive Windows Scroll Setting. But turning this on / off does not fix it. This is a Program Bug in Microsoft Windows. When will Microsoft Fix This. Please prepare...
  3. Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??: There is a New Bug, the Auto Scrolling of the Side Bar in Microsoft Edge Windows. Some say this is due to the Inactive Windows Scroll Setting. But turning this on / off does not fix it. This is a Program Bug in Microsoft Windows. When will Microsoft Fix This. Please prepare...
  4. Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there any fix to the windows auto scrolling UI bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any fix to the windows auto scrolling UI bug?: If my xbox controller disconnects while holding a button, it continuously presses that button like for example, if I'm holding left stick up and it disconnects, the windows search constantly scrolls up until I restart my computer or sign out. Is there any fix for this besides...
  6. Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again: Is there any way I could make my PC remember what windows/apps I had opened when I turned the PC off and open them all automatically when I turn the PC back on? To simply continue where I was when I had to turn the PC off?For example: I am working, I have the following apps...
  7. Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again: Is there any way I could make my PC remember what windows/apps I had opened when I turned the PC off and open them all automatically when I turn the PC back on? To simply continue where I was when I had to turn the PC off?For example: I am working, I have the following apps...
  8. Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. windows 10 auto scrolling

windows 10 auto scrolling: When I open my excel it keeps on scrolling right. When I press ctrl it will zoom in. I've already disconnected my keyboard and mouse and it still is the same. Help please!...
  10. Turn off auto scroll

Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b