Windows 10: is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?

Discus and support is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; just "upgraded" to this dumpsterfire and this is one thing that really bugs me, i see tons of posts about it but given how old they are im assuming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kaydie, Dec 13, 2020.

1. /u/Kaydie Win User

is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?

just "upgraded" to this dumpsterfire and this is one thing that really bugs me, i see tons of posts about it but given how old they are im assuming solutions have been found and implemetned but i cant seem to find settings to fix this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6ox7ds/task_bar_missing_when_alttabbing_out_of_a_game/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6k86oo/taskbar_missing_when_alttabing_out_of_fullscreen/

https://www.tenforums.com/general-s...lst-alt-tabbing-windowed-fullscreen-game.html

any help appreciated thanks, spent a while googling this

submitted by /u/Kaydie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kaydie, Dec 13, 2020
  2. LAK770 Win User

Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

I'm running two monitors, monitor A is my main monitor, and monitor B is my secondary i use for videos and everything while gaming. When I have a game on monitor A and I alt+tab out to a window on my second monitor, the taskbar doesn't show up. It's the
    same when i click off my game on monitor A to monitor B. In windows 7 whenever I did this the taskbar would show up, but now unless i specifically alt+tab to a window on monitor A taskbar will not show up. Doesn't anyone know a registry or way to make it so
    i don't have to keep going to windows on monitor A to make the taskbar show up.

LAK770, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Dec 13, 2020
  4. is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?

[Windows 10] Taskbar when alt-tabing

Thanks for the feedback, SlyJacob. By the way, have you enabled taskbar to show on both displays? If not, then please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows key and select Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then select Taskbar.
    • Under Multiple displays, toggle On Show taskbar on all displays.

Try pressing Alt+tab again and let us know if the taskbar also appears on the other monitor.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?

1. is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games? - Similar Threads - fix taskbar showing

2. When "alt+tabbing" from a game, my taskbar dispears and just shows the game underneath.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When "alt+tabbing" from a game, my taskbar dispears and just shows the game underneath.: I haven't had this problem before and I do not think I turned on any setting for it to be this way. Here is an image for example. I've tried everything I've seen like switching from dark mode to light mode and back, turning off GeForce Experience in-game overlay, etc. Nothing...
  3. When "alt+tabbing" from a game, my taskbar dispears and just shows the game underneath.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When "alt+tabbing" from a game, my taskbar dispears and just shows the game underneath.: I haven't had this problem before and I do not think I turned on any setting for it to be this way. Here is an image for example. I've tried everything I've seen like switching from dark mode to light mode and back, turning off GeForce Experience in-game overlay, etc. Nothing...
  4. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  5. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  6. TaskBar show when I use alt+tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar show when I use alt+tab: Hi. I re-intalled my Windows 10 home yesterday, and when i use alt+tab i see my taskbar in there. When i try to close this window, i got this message: [ATTACH] That what i see in my task bar: [ATTACH] Please help me to fix it. Thanks....
  7. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  8. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  9. Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game

Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game: I know this has been posted before, but it looks like it was largely posted 2-3 years ago, and I don't see any recent posts. So, my assumption is either this was fixed or there was a workaround published in the past couple years that I just can't find. In any case, if it...
  10. Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game: https://i.imgur.com/iPWfVpA.png Specs: Windows 10 x64 GTX 980ti 16GB ram I've googled with no success - I've made sure there are no ease of access optiosn set, I've make sure taskbar is locked, I've tried restarting the windows explorer process. If I hit the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alt tab missing taskbar