Windows 10: is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

Discus and support is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/adieltk [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adieltk, Jan 14, 2021.

1. is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

/u/adieltk, Jan 14, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 14, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

1. is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... - Similar Threads - fix same files

2. I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...: Okay so I recently got a omen gaming laptop, I use one account for work and the other for home stuff and gaming. Anytime I create a new folder or download a new game on one account or the other, they appear on the other accounts. How do I stop this from happening? submitted...
  3. I have a MSIXVC folder in my WindowsApps folder. Can I delete it? Will there be any problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a MSIXVC folder in my WindowsApps folder. Can I delete it? Will there be any problem?: I recently noticeted a MXIVC folder where i have bleeding edge installed. Both the bleeding edge and MXIVC folder size is about 14gb. Is it some kind of a back of bleeding age folder or something like that? Can i delete it? I need the space?[IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  4. How can I fix this. I have tried different thing but nothing. It lets me install a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I fix this. I have tried different thing but nothing. It lets me install a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlexTheEditor1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g86d6z/how_can_i_fix_this_i_have_tried_different_thing/
  5. I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.

I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.: I can't delete a folder. This folder needs to be deleted though. I reset my pc and the folder i am trying to delete is the one where apps were installed on my d drive. I go to set my default app location and it says error. I did plenty of research, tried software such as...
  6. Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?

Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?: I have two identical folders on two separate USB HDDsI copied the folder from hdd1 to hdd2, when I look at their properties , their "size" is the same....but they have a different "size on disk" .... did the files in the folder get corrupted during the transfer ? should I...
  7. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.: I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-dialogue-box-when-i-try-to-delete-these/20a90bbc-f5b4-4293-83a8-9001199f2332
  8. Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: Hello Microsoft community, I was deleting some folders, the file structure looked like this: Projects\ \Project1 \Project2 \ .. The .. refers to a folder name. I deleted the folder named ".." and it ended up deleting the entire...
  9. I have tried several things. Is there a simple fix for this that I do not know about? Any...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have tried several things. Is there a simple fix for this that I do not know about? Any...: I have uploaded the new Windows 10 update. I cannot colorize mt taskbar. When I go to settings > personalization > color > I come to the show colors on the following surfaces the first box (start, task bar and action center is never highlighted so checking this box is not an...
  10. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...