Windows 10: is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

Discus and support is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/adieltk [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adieltk, Jan 14, 2021.

1. is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

/u/adieltk, Jan 14, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 14, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete...

1. is there any fix to this? i have the same files on different folders and if i try to delete... - Similar Threads - fix same files

2. Any of these folders I can delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any of these folders I can delete?: I want to download an app but i don't have enough space for it so I want to ask if any of these folders can be delete without damaging my Yoga.These are the folders that I have.AppDataIntelProgram FilesProgram Files ×86ProgramDataRecoveryUsersWindowsWindow'sThank you....
  3. Any of these folders I can delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any of these folders I can delete?: I want to download an app but i don't have enough space for it so I want to ask if any of these folders can be delete without damaging my Yoga.These are the folders that I have.AppDataIntelProgram FilesProgram Files ×86ProgramDataRecoveryUsersWindowsWindow'sThank you....
  4. I have 2 files in the same folder which differ only in the case of the first letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 2 files in the same folder which differ only in the case of the first letter: After trying to load drivers for a USB to Serial adapter I have been left with 2 "System32" folders in the "Windows" folder - one is called "system32" and the other is "System32". The "system32" folder was created recently and contains the same file names as the "System32"...
  5. I have 2 files in the same folder which differ only in the case of the first letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 files in the same folder which differ only in the case of the first letter: After trying to load drivers for a USB to Serial adapter I have been left with 2 "System32" folders in the "Windows" folder - one is called "system32" and the other is "System32". The "system32" folder was created recently and contains the same file names as the "System32"...
  6. I have 2 files in the same folder which differ only in the case of the first letter

7. Deleting mass files in same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting mass files in same folder: I just received a file of 500 jpeg for a report but each jpeg is followed by a .MOV file as well, one right after the other. In the past when this happened I simply put in a search for all .MOV in file explorer Search box and then deleted all of them. Since the upgrade, when...
  8. Deleting mass files in same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting mass files in same folder: I just received a file of 500 jpeg for a report but each jpeg is followed by a .MOV file as well, one right after the other. In the past when this happened I simply put in a search for all .MOV in file explorer Search box and then deleted all of them. Since the upgrade, when...
  9. Deleting mass files in same folder

10. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...