Windows 10: Is there any free partition recovery software?

Discus and support Is there any free partition recovery software? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My hard drive failed, and I want to recover the data without spending a ton of money. Are there any free programs I can use for this? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ObberGobb, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Is there any free partition recovery software?

My hard drive failed, and I want to recover the data without spending a ton of money. Are there any free programs I can use for this?

submitted by /u/ObberGobb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ObberGobb, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 25, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Is there any free partition recovery software? :)

RyoTakagi, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Is there any free partition recovery software?

Help on Partition 1TB HDD into GPT format

Yeah, I noticed that. But this page (Configure UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions) says:
    Recovery image partition

When used, this partition includes the Windows recovery image (install.wim).

The size of this partition must include space for the Windows recovery image (at least 2 GB), plus enough free space so that the partition can be captured by backup utilities:

• It must have at least 320 MB of free space.
    We recommend that it should have at least 1 GB free.​
    There's the confusion.

And look here: Sample: Configure UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions by Using Windows PE and DiskPart
    This page shows a sample script to be used with DiskPart. And it doesn't provide the size for the recovery partition.

I'm pretty much newbie in this field. So any explanation of those things would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Royal Bengal Tiger, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Is there any free partition recovery software?

1. Is there any free partition recovery software? - Similar Threads - free partition recovery

2. Wiping the free space in recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping the free space in recovery partition: I'm selling my laptop and deleting everything except the windows. Is there a way to securely wipe the free space in recovery and uefi partitions?i did the other volumes with cipher w in cmd but don't know how to address these drives with that command. submitted by /u/cs-k...
  3. any free bandwidth-throttling software?

any free bandwidth-throttling software?: I'm about to start downloading the new flight simulator. I'm just looking for something simple to use to keep my PC from hogging all the bandwidth while my family watches hulu but all I can find are paid programs with free trials which I'm not really interested in submitted...
  4. Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?

Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?: Long story short, had some hiccups cloning my drive, and the recovery partition got allocated a drive letter now. I removed the drive letter so it wouldn't show up in file explorer, but now in disk management it's not labeled as a "recovery" partition. submitted by...
  5. Is there a free partition recovery software that doesn't have any limitations?

Is there a free partition recovery software that doesn't have any limitations?: As the title says. i tiredly and accidentally deleted one of my volumes instead of changing the letter(reordering for organization) at 5-6 in the morning and i cant seem to bring it back (it wanting to format first), i have many and large files on the drive and every software...
  6. Any free software for "photo fuse" utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any free software for "photo fuse" utility: One of the apps that I enjoyed in the Windows Live Essentials suite was Photo Gallery specifically a utility in that program called "photo fuse." MSFT discontinued Windows Live Essentials with the entry of the "Photos" app in Windows 10. Photo fuse had the ability to swap...
  7. Any 100% Free Malware Removal Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any 100% Free Malware Removal Software: Everything I have tried requires you to buy it. I have tried using something suggested in another thread but malware is still here. I have also tried avg and avast but nothing. I keep getting redirected to another site when I use a search engine to search and I know I have...
  8. Best free/paid for data recovery software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best free/paid for data recovery software?: Hello everyone. How's everyone on my favourite forum? This is probably a pretty straightforward question for you clever guys and gals on here, but one that's perplexed for a while.. I have in the past, when losing data, just shrugged my shoulders and put up with it. I...
  9. Too many (100% Free) recovery partitions can't delete any

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many (100% Free) recovery partitions can't delete any: [img] I run a win7/10(32/64bit) dual boot system with all personal data and install.exe onseparate partition from OS. About 6 months ago I bought this PC second hand. I like to have a factory reset option on my PCs, Especially if I think I might sell it at a later date....
  10. HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?: Hi, I have the Pavilion 15 with a SSD + HDD. The HP Recovery Partition is on the HDD. For my own comfort I deleted the SSD Partition and did a clean Windows 10 install, from an image grabbed on microsoft.com. I left the Recovery Partition AS IS. My questions...