Windows 10: Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?

Discus and support Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using IDM for such a long time. But I don't want to use it anymore. The reason is it often can't instantiate download and Firefox take control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SHH19, Jun 28, 2020.

1. /u/SHH19 Win User

Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?

I am using IDM for such a long time. But I don't want to use it anymore. The reason is it often can't instantiate download and Firefox take control over it. I really enjoy when IDM can start downloading instead of Firefox. But as it often fails I am now looking for an alternative. Is there any good alternative available? Anyone tried anything like this? Any recommendation will be highly appreciated...

submitted by /u/SHH19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SHH19, Jun 28, 2020
  2. sixor Win User

Free Download Manager

it is good, also flashget, but i use idm internet download manager, i'm used to it

sixor, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Smart Screen Problem while accessing Internet Download Manager (IDM) on Windows 10

Hello Harshil,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Is this issue specific to Internet Download Manager (IDM)?
    • Is it on Microsoft account or Local account?
    • Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Download Manager (IDM)?
    Suggest you to check with the below steps and see if it helps.

* Right-click on the Internet Download Manager (IDM)
    shortcut file. I mean the .exe file through which you launch the application.

* Select Properties,

* Go to Compatibility tab,

* Check if Run this program as an administrator check box is selected. If yes, then try to clear or uncheck it.

* Click Apply/OK.

Now try to launch the application to see if it makes any difference. If possible, try to restart your computer once to see if it works fine.

Let us know how it went.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 28, 2020
  4. iykeuzo Win User

Is there any application like IDM(internet download manager) that can download video directly for lumia 820

Is there any application like IDM(internet download manager) that can download video directly for lumia 820

iykeuzo, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)? - Similar Threads - Free Alternative IDM

2. Is it safe download IDM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe download IDM?: I asked to the HP Support, and they said downloaded Third party apps isn't safe, Is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-download-idm/bf79a06a-46a9-4713-852b-7eb75caa79b9
  3. Is it safe download IDM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe download IDM?: I asked to the HP Support, and they said downloaded Third party apps isn't safe, Is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-download-idm/bf79a06a-46a9-4713-852b-7eb75caa79b9
  4. Any good file explorer alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good file explorer alternative?: File explorer is not only inferior to Mac Finder but it's inferior to Linux file explorers(Nautilus, Nemo, Dolphin) too. Any good alternative to try which makes me not frustrated? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/MuhammadJim [link] [comments]...
  5. any good and free photoshop?

any good and free photoshop?: i want to know if there is any good and free photshop since i have to use it fo school next year submitted by /u/vision2310 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lc84ao/any_good_and_free_photoshop/
  6. Any good file explorer alternatives

Any good file explorer alternatives: I'm looking for a good file explorer for windows 10 but i can't find any that look good. Right now i use explorer++ and it's fie but i think it's desing is outdated (it still uses XP icons). submitted by /u/nothingtoseehere196 [link] [comments]...
  7. Any free alternative to Avast Cleanup

Any free alternative to Avast Cleanup: I just need to boost my performance on my pc, so all I need is a free alternative to avast cleanup. Thank you submitted by /u/NetStreet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9s66q/any_free_alternative_to_avast_cleanup/
  8. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?: I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?...
  9. Is There A Good Free File Manager?

Is There A Good Free File Manager?: I need help organising some files. I have a directory of some 6000 pdf files. I need them organised by author, which is in the filename. I'm currently going down the list, finding an author with 50 or more to his name, creating a folder by that name and then selecting all...
  10. Photoshop users Good free alternative GIMP

Photoshop users Good free alternative GIMP: Anyone who is either coming from the real art world or wishes to try their hand the electronic version of "Proper" Painting, should take a look at the Artrange range of realistic Painting applications at ArtRage - Natural Painting Software They are often included free with...