Windows 10: Is there any hope for my 4GB laptop? I refreshed Windows 10

Discus and support Is there any hope for my 4GB laptop? I refreshed Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My 4GB laptop is really slow. I did a fresh start, which I thought was going to reinstall Windows and delete everything, but it did not, (many, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ironfist, Jul 20, 2020.

1. ironfist Win User

Is there any hope for my 4GB laptop? I refreshed Windows 10

My 4GB laptop is really slow. I did a fresh start, which I thought was going to reinstall Windows and delete everything, but it did not, (many, but not all, of my programs are still there). The computer is still delayed. Opening windows takes forever. Etc.

No heavy usage, I just want to use basic programs and not have to wait... much... time... for programs to open when I start whatever.

This RAM is hardwired. Cannot be changed.

:)

ironfist, Jul 20, 2020

2. Refreshing or Recovering my computer

Hi Kendall,

I highly appreciate your efforts and time.

You will lose applications and drivers or updates installed if you refresh or recover.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What and all steps have you tried so far?
    Recovery options in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

Fix network connection issues:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there any hope for my 4GB laptop? I refreshed Windows 10 - Similar Threads - hope 4GB laptop

2. Does Vscode has any extension as I hope?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Vscode has any extension as I hope?: By adding one of the extensions, can I do the followThe code will appear when they enter the object.Vscode has recently become available online, and it seems that the forums are also substantial....
  3. Does Vscode has any extension as I hope?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Vscode has any extension as I hope?: By adding one of the extensions, can I do the followThe code will appear when they enter the object.Vscode has recently become available online, and it seems that the forums are also substantial....
  4. I can't restart, reset, refresh or reinstall my windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't restart, reset, refresh or reinstall my windows 10 laptop.: I've posted about this issue before, but i have tried everything suggested and gotten nowhere, and this is my last attempt. Laptop: Its an MSI Apache Pro GE62 6qf Operating system: running windows 10 home 64-bit Problem: the laptop can't restart, and can't do anything that...
  5. refresh my laptop,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    refresh my laptop,: Windows will not let me into the part that lets me refresh, why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-my-laptop/408d2341-d281-4b9a-acf0-5b5ea0e488e0
  6. Is there any hope for my 4GB laptop? I refreshed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any hope for my 4GB laptop? I refreshed Windows 10: My 4GB laptop is really slow. I did a fresh start, which I thought was going to reinstall Windows and delete everything, but it did not, (many, but not all, of my programs are still there). The computer is still delayed. Opening windows takes forever. Etc. No heavy usage, I...
  7. I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I have a question, that may be impossible. But, would sure be nice. I accidentally copied files, over the same files. So now, every file has a copy, listed right next to it. Is their anyway, using a command or whatever? To delete, every...
  8. I lost hope in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I lost hope in Windows 10: well guys I try very hard to love Windows 10 since the day it was released but has a gamer and pc builder I cannot ignore to how bad windows 10 it is I just finish a test of different windows 10 builds and sadly the 1709 build is by far better of the 1803-1809 and even...
  9. Is there any hope for Featrures Update to Windows 10 Version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any hope for Featrures Update to Windows 10 Version 1803: This update has been out for quite a while and yet the installation bugs still seem to be alive and well. I have spent many hours and lost many days following all of the "Did you try" suggestions on how to get the update to install. So before you say "Did you try", the...
  10. Refreshing Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Refreshing Laptop: I have a laptop running both Windows 10 Home Edition and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. I would like to erase everything on the laptop and reinstall Windows 10 and Office. If I do this, do I need another activation key or can I just simply download these products...