Windows 10: Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ?

Discus and support Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ? -will I be able to see already installed apps installed normaly from msi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/granshagen, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ?

Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ?

-will I be able to see already installed apps installed normaly from msi in winget list and update and remove them and so ?

-or to maintain an application like chrome for example will I need to remove and install it with winget to see it in winget list.

tried some googe'ling but could not find answer.

submitted by /u/granshagen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/granshagen, Jun 3, 2021
  2. RickC Win User

winget

Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features then, in the right-hand pane, click on the link for Manage app execution aliases.

If the winget client has installed properly then you should see this:

Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ? [​IMG]

If you don't see this then either the installer hasn't added itself to the PATH environment variable or you haven't signed out/signed in (or both... there are issues reported with this first release).

Try installing it again:

https://github.com/microsoft/winget-...bwe.appxbundle

You should see this:

Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ? [​IMG]

If it installs successfully then you should see this:

In a console (PowerShell or CMD), the command winget list should result in something like this:

Hope this helps...

RickC, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.4.11391 Preview released

This release includes improvements for the correlation between manifests in the community repository and entries in Add / Remove Programs. We've also added a hash for the manifest itself to ensure the chain of trust with the PreIndexed package (default source). Several features have moved from experimental to released including "list", "upgrade", "uninstall", and "export".

New Features

• #959 Ensure chain of trust with packaged index
    • #118 Repository REST API
    • #120 Upgrade an installed App
    • #220 Export/Import apps list
    • #121 Uninstall an Installed App
    • #119 List installed Apps
    • #151 Support Delivery Optimization
    Bug Fixes

#723 commands not showing with white cmd background
    #955 Name and Publisher Correlation in CompositeSource
    #966 Fix a few polish Items
    #973 Fix for a bug, DO timeout to 60 seconds, minor version bump

Source: https://github.com/microsoft/winget-....11391-preview

Brink, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

winget

You have installed it first, haven't you? It doesn't come with Windows. If so, try a Command Prompt rather than Powershell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...anager/winget/

Bree, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ? - Similar Threads - information winget handle

2. How to make Winget Batch Commands not stop if one of the applications is already installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to make Winget Batch Commands not stop if one of the applications is already installed?: I am trying to install several apps with winget in a command for cmd.Example:winget install --id=Google.Chrome -e && winget install --id=Obsidian.Obsidian -eProblem:if google chrome would be installed already then it stops with a message that the application is already...
  3. How to make Winget Batch Commands not stop if one of the applications is already installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Winget Batch Commands not stop if one of the applications is already installed?: I am trying to install several apps with winget in a command for cmd.Example:winget install --id=Google.Chrome -e && winget install --id=Obsidian.Obsidian -eProblem:if google chrome would be installed already then it stops with a message that the application is already...
  4. How to make Winget Batch Commands not stop if one of the applications is already installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  6. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  7. Use winget to download apps but not install?

8. I'm not able to install Winget App installer

I'm not able to install Winget App installer: I've been trying to download the App Installer, or simply Winget. But, all my attempts have been unsuccessful. Tried to download it from GitHub, but after opening the installation file, this error comes up:I also tried downloading it from Microsoft Store, but it says "App is...
  9. I'm not able to install Winget App installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able to install Winget App installer: I've been trying to download the App Installer, or simply Winget. But, all my attempts have been unsuccessful. Tried to download it from GitHub, but after opening the installation file, this error comes up:I also tried downloading it from Microsoft Store, but it says "App is...
  10. How winget downloads apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How winget downloads apps?: Does winget only fetch a list of websites to download apps or winget actually download the apps from a Microsoft server? submitted by /u/complexramification [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnim68/how_winget_downloads_apps/